2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished T10 all day. Calm morning but wind came up at 11 to make it a bit sporty and then a rain squall went through. Pretty nice now though. Consistent action on white hootchies at 100 to 120’
Couple of 12’s and a 15 in the boat. 2 more that size lost right at the net. 3 keeper pinks too.
Pretty civil crowd out here today.

Managed a third spring at T10 same size 10-11lb ish. One marble 2 whites. Ended with 3 spring 7 pinks.

Was able to take out that guy today whose Whaler flipped back in June, got the whole story (man that woulda been crazy) and sent him home with some fish, he hasn’t been out since that day. Great guy too.

Anyone have the chinook retention map/image the Pacific Angler posts on their blog?
I’m well aware of the regs just like to have that map picture saved on my phone.

Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post.

Thanks!

Put in a shift at t10 today. 11 to 2. One keeper chinook. I kept everything up high cause that worked last night. Finally moved the gear down and got a few hits. The pinks seemed to stop biting around noon when the weather changed. Was able to drag a anchovie around for the last hour or so.

It's certainly not the lights out fishing we had last year. Wonder if more are coming or did the rain send some fish up river...

I appolagize if we cut anyone off, I dont think we did, I had a super green guy at the controls while I had my head down dealing with something. I know we had to come to full stop and set the balls on the ground a few times because someone got fish on and turned right in front of us...it sure was busy out there...dfo was fine even though it was annoying to have to pull your gear, bring out fish and licences. Just seems like a waste of time with all the nets in the river..

I appolagize if we cut anyone off, I dont think we did, I had a super green guy at the controls while I had my head down dealing with something. I know we had to come to full stop and set the balls on the ground a few times because someone got fish on and turned right in front of us...it sure was busy out there...dfo was fine even though it was annoying to have to pull your gear, bring out fish and licences. Just seems like a waste of time with all the nets in the river..
Rest assured, there’s many heading your way based on the numbers still ahead of you in JdF and the awesome forecast for lower Fraser Whites. Many days of good fishing ahead I’d say!

Thanks man, yeah same same I think. I know Highwater puts one out every year and I looked and couldn’t find it on their Facebook. The PA one looked different on the PA video blog so that’s why I asked. But same function.

Thanks!
Cheers. If you go into Pacific Angler, they have the Highwater map printed out on their counter when they’re explaining regulations and closures to the people that come in. They answer the phone all day long about where to fish, etc.

I went to Highwater this summer to thank them for doing that map the last few years, and bought a couple things while there. Staff was appreciative for the map comments.

If anyone is sick of filtering thru 500 pinks to get a spring, try cut plugging some herring. We had crazy action until we ran out of herring. All springs, not a single pink.
We switched to wood plugs at 70ft yesterday and no pinks after that. Took 3 springs on the green can tack and a couple more north of lighthouse

Spent the day at T10 from 9 - 6. Fewer pinks than yesterday. Found a few nice wild coho, and boxed one hatch ho, and four springs, largest at 19 lbs. Took a while for us to find the springs. Most of the bites came after the tide changed. Lost a couple nice ones too. Most action from 45 - 75 feet, on a variety of bait.

Attachments

• IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 91
fished 3 hours at the bell today. Very quiet with no hits until this 75cm beauty showed interest in the plug I put down in desperation. It had a freshly eaten anchovy in its belly.

Attachments

• 4AC044B5-3CBD-48ED-B466-5D622888D677.jpeg
    4AC044B5-3CBD-48ED-B466-5D622888D677.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 25B266BC-4C21-4272-A042-B547016A4AC6.jpeg
    25B266BC-4C21-4272-A042-B547016A4AC6.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back