2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-6 PM Sandheads 3 chinook onboard, 5 pinks onboard. Lost one big nook right by the boat it cut the line with the teeth. DFO checked me and damn they were really not friendly and they wanted really bad to find just something to give me a ticket and didn't say goodbye when they were leaving. Despite everything was OK but it felt like a little spoiled end of the day.

Interesting reports. Don't feel so bad now. Started at 2:30 at the bell (outside the whale zone) and quickly hooked and played what felt like a screamer spring (peeled line), but after some head shakes, it got off. Hooked and lost (long line releases) 2 unwanted pinks. Left there about 5 and went over to join my buddy at Atkinson. No love for me there. My buddy only took home 1 pink. We were both using chovies.

Had over 12 springs to the boat, limited out for 3 people and then released a bunch while we tried to pick up a coho. Long line release a bunch too. Sandheads - hoochies, bait, spoons. Constant action from 1400 until 2000. Caught 3 of the springs on cut plug herring. Insane afternoon!

Last edited:
Fished 3:30 to 6:30. Lost 2 (my never goes fishing wife on the rod) then she takes a nap and with no fishing time left this one hits! Close to Bell in 110’ with anchovy at 49’. It tapped the anchovy then nothing for a minute so figure that’s it. Start reeling the line in to call it a day and it hits when I have the anchovy almost to the surface!

Attachments

• 7D519823-8862-4C8C-AAB9-7EED8647A21D.jpeg
    7D519823-8862-4C8C-AAB9-7EED8647A21D.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 136
Put in at Vanier at about 3:30 yesterday. Just enough water. Whew! Ran out to about 1 mile NE of the bell to drop in. Spring on in the first 5 minutes. Herring aid flasher/spoon combo at 89'. Good battle and we have a nice 74cm marble in the box. Gonna be an unreal day! Then we proceeded to troll around for the next 2 hours and not even a bite. Moved over to 29-3 west of the whale zone. A few pinks and one one coho lost at the boat. Water conditions were amazing! Great evening!

Fished Bell Buoy from 7-11 or sO… a couple long-lined released and a couple missed… kept one pink. No Chinook/big fish so we trolled to PA… got a 73cm marble before arriving… herring… rigger 70’… deep water: 300’? Trolled half of the Wedt Van shoreline and it was DEAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back