2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can look at the apps all you want but what's in the actual notice is the actual regulations. There has been many threads the last 4 years on this as every year people forget, and have the same trouble understanding the notices. Use the search and go have a read on the last thread on this subject. It's all explained. Back to the reports

You can look at the apps all you want but what's in the actual notice is the actual regulations. There has been many threads the last 4 years on this as every year people forget, and have the same trouble understanding the notices. Use the search and go have a read on the last thread on this subject. It's all explained. Back to the reports
Yes I agree, I don’t use apps I go direct to the notices. But the actual notice FN0707 says “except areas as noted below” and then it goes on to show no max in 28-9

Yes I agree, I don’t use apps I go direct to the notices. But the actual notice FN0707 says “except areas as noted below” and then it goes on to show no max in 28-9
That's just the way you interpret it. Yes it's confusing and I won't disagree that it should be layed out better, however the slot limit is a global regulation within the entire inside SOG.

It's explained at the top of the notices. They don't have to put that within the sub area in the notice because it's at the very top of the notice.

Screenshot_20230820_170815_Chrome.jpg

Winds look better today. Anyone out that can report on conditions? I’m hoping to take the kids out this afternoon.
Conditions were really good when I left at 9am and should only get better today.

Passed by lots of boats at the cap on the way to Point Atkinson. Picked up a couple chinook east of there. One on an anchovie and when they ran out the other one was caught on the C. Tire hummpy killer. No need to head to south Bowen as we got our 6 pinks too. No coho. Thanks to Reel Time for the 25 year old hot smoke you tube video. The pinks are already in the brine.

Attachments

• IMG_4458.jpeg
    IMG_4458.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1993.jpeg
    IMG_1993.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 95
Passed by lots of boats at the cap on the way to Point Atkinson. Picked up a couple chinook east of there. One on an anchovie and when they ran out the other one was caught on the C. Tire hummpy killer. No need to head to south Bowen as we got our 6 pinks too. No coho. Thanks to Reel Time for the 25 year old hot smoke you tube video. The pinks are already in the brine.
Hey cool to see you out there, thanks for shouting to say hi. You caught me in a bit of madness… I was playing a nice spring that had taken a few good runs on me. First time this year I looked at my reel and thought it may spool out if he goes again. Finally got it mostly back & when he surfaced & jumped got all tangled up wrapped the line around its tail a couple times, and it came in like a boot & kinda spinning like a giant chovy on a slow roll, splashing around occasionally. Painful but I got it in finally, solo was a bit tricky. Was a 75cm red.
I ran out of chovies as well, damn pinks… got it on a herring at 50’.
2 pinks and a hatch coho as well

Attachments

• IMG_3399.jpeg
    IMG_3399.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 84
Hey cool to see you out there, thanks for shouting to say hi. You caught me in a bit of madness… I was playing a nice spring that had taken a few good runs on me. First time this year I looked at my reel and thought it may spool out if he goes again. Finally got it mostly back & when he surfaced & jumped got all tangled up wrapped the line around its tail a couple times, and it came in like a boot & kinda spinning like a giant chovy on a slow roll, splashing around occasionally. Painful but I got it in finally, solo was a bit tricky. Was a 75cm red.
I ran out of chovies as well, damn pinks… got it on a herring at 50’.
2 pinks and a hatch coho as well
awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back