2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was super nasty, 6' + and vancouver harbor is a circus when the winds vs tide is happening. We fished hidden around from point Atkinson and had 2 nice ones that the other guy lost near the boat. With it pitching about, it was hard to hold super tight tension. 50'on the rigger, white hoochie. Saw other nets and my buddy bonked one near the freighters off steerman Beach. Laid right down but no more action for us of sorts.

Any reports from beach fishermen? I'm looking to try Ambleside or Cates Park. anyone have any thoughts on the better spot for pinks this weekend? 🫣
Been to Cates a few times but the schools have always been out of casting distance, feel like you’re better off at Ambleside. Just an heads up, Park staff have been telling anglers that there’s no fishing from the shore at Cates (even when below the high tide line) but they’re misinformed http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=45034.30

Last edited:
Great little afternoon/evening on the water. Went up Indian Arm, tons of jumpers all the way up and zombie schools near the end. Really cool to see, casted a bit but no luck. Just a time burning tour til the winds died a bit.
Went to Atkinson to fish 3:30-7:00. Bumpy to get there but fine to fish and it kept calming as the evening went. 5 min in got a 64cm spring on the herring side, @80’. Hour later got a 78cm on the chovy side at 75’. Near the end we lost a decent one prob 65-70cm at the boat, felt bad my buddy’s kid played it great and it just head shook on him at the end and lost it. 2 pinks as well. Feeling spoiled, awesome day.

Currently there’s no max size in 28-9…. Correct?
When I go to the regulations, it says min size for chinook in 28-9 is 62 cm. Then when I go to the restrictions is says;
28Maximum Length Head On (cm)80 cm - All Chinook salmon (marked and unmarked) cannot exceed 80 cm. in length; catch must be transported with head on.
So I read it that both 28-6 & 28-9 are the same?

When I go to the regulations, it says min size for chinook in 28-9 is 62 cm. Then when I go to the restrictions is says;
28Maximum Length Head On (cm)80 cm - All Chinook salmon (marked and unmarked) cannot exceed 80 cm. in length; catch must be transported with head on.
So I read it that both 28-6 & 28-9 are the same?
Last year was no slot.
Should be the same. I bet the regs get updated night before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back