2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished 28-6 yesterday morning, started out pretty lumpy with really strong current, but it mellowed out later in the morning. Took home a 70cm nook on a spoon. One undersized and pinks used up all the anchovies.

This other boat was running five downrigger somehow, I don't think anyone was driving either lol.

Stopped by Cates park in the afternoon and RCMP was doing boating license checks. From what I overheard walking past other groups of boaters launching, they were being lenient. "Im not going to turn you around today, but if you get stopped on the water you can get a ticket". Also heard one of the cops say to an adult "If the motor is over 10hp, you need a boating license". I don't know if that's accurate.

That’s mongoose Stryker with 5 riggers , absolute tool

Looks kinda windy and white out there (Cowan Pt/South Bowen) hope everyone is having some safe fun.
please no upside-down whalers!
\
I might just watch the tide change from the shore

For anyone wanting some calm water to enjoy fishing try Sunset-Horshebay. We decided not the brave the swells and fished this area. Not disappointed. 12 coho to the boat but all wild. As many lost. 5 Chinook all under and steady pinks all day. Limited on pinks. Enjoyable when you don't have bounce with the swells.

For anyone wanting some calm water to enjoy fishing try Sunset-Horshebay. We decided not the brave the swells and fished this area. Not disappointed. 12 coho to the boat but all wild. As many lost. 5 Chinook all under and steady pinks all day. Limited on pinks. Enjoyable when you don't have bounce with the swells.
Fish at the WALL???

Fished 28-6 today. Pretty rough once we got under the lions gate bridge. Took a few waves over the windshield but it was hot out so all good lol. Dropped the lines and as I sat down, got the first chinook. Re drop the lines and not five minutes later, we got our second chinook. About 15 minutes to get our limit. Tried for coho for a couple hours but no luck. Fish caught on the best colour in the world, herring aide everything

Attachments

• IMG_4406.jpeg
    IMG_4406.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 125
Fished 28-6 today. Pretty rough once we got under the lions gate bridge. Took a few waves over the windshield but it was hot out so all good lol. Dropped the lines and as I sat down, got the first chinook. Re drop the lines and not five minutes later, we got our second chinook. About 15 minutes to get our limit. Tried for coho for a couple hours but no luck. Fish caught on the best colour in the world, herring aide everything
How deep :) ?

Not this guide but I fished 28-6 yesterday as well and gotta say the young guides in the Grady’s should show a little more respect and understand they don’t own the ocean.
Feel free to call up the business owners- their phone lines are always open.

Fished 28-6 yesterday morning, started out pretty lumpy with really strong current, but it mellowed out later in the morning. Took home a 70cm nook on a spoon. One undersized and pinks used up all the anchovies.

This other boat was running five downrigger somehow, I don't think anyone was driving either lol.

Stopped by Cates park in the afternoon and RCMP was doing boating license checks. From what I overheard walking past other groups of boaters launching, they were being lenient. "Im not going to turn you around today, but if you get stopped on the water you can get a ticket". Also heard one of the cops say to an adult "If the motor is over 10hp, you need a boating license". I don't know if that's accurate.
Whats with the merican cannon downriggers? Eww

Nice, whatcha using to catch

Not this guide but I fished 28-6 yesterday as well and gotta say the young guides in the Grady’s should show a little more respect and understand they don’t own the ocean.
I find that most guides know the way an area should be fished , which is right rod gets the shoreline. At least that’s what I have seen first hand with the guides . It’s the one guy that goes out of that rotation that screws everyone up! A lot of Grady’s out there these days, might not be a guide doing it also

I find that most guides know the way an area should be fished , which is right rod gets the shoreline. At least that’s what I have seen first hand with the guides . It’s the one guy that goes out of that rotation that screws everyone up! A lot of Grady’s out there these days, might not be a guide doing it also

I agree with all of this however there is one local Grady that is notorious for such behavior, particularly the cap shitshow. That being said, I always give the guides a wide berth as they are on the hustle while I'm on escape from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back