2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished WVan 3pm to 530, no action until tide change behind freighters near fisheries with big Chinook and a little pink double header. It was my partner Sue's 2nd time Chinook fishing and she picked the flasher & spoon, & played this 18lb, 79 cm chunky great while I played and landed my little pink and cleared they way to net hers! Wonderful afternoon fishing!
View attachment 96138
That’s wicked, GOOD JOB!
Interesting choice but a good one I guess…
I have one of both of those in a box somewhere, Hahaha.

More and more I’m thinking about all the gear I buy, and wonder why.
Don’t get me wrong, I love supporting local shops, and will always drop way more then I should.
But maybe it’s more about finding the fish

I ran a red 4 0 Gamagatsu on its own behind a flasher just to see what I could get.

You wouldn’t believe it, I didn’t catch a thing.

Great day out. Hit this chunky Red and countless pinks in 28-6.
Double header solo one side is the Chinook and the other side is a pink. Funniest thing ever, the pink took the Chinook gear and the Chinook took the Canadian Tire Humpy Killer squirt 🤣🤣.
Go figure. Have caught lots on sockeye gear but never on that set up.

Attachments

• IMG_2193.png
    IMG_2193.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 98
Was some big swells heading out this morning but laid down a bit . Buddies kid was puking from it so we’re back to the dock. Waiting for some more water at McDonald to get the boat out though . Anything to do around here ?

Was some big swells heading out this morning but laid down a bit . Buddies kid was puking from it so we’re back to the dock. Waiting for some more water at McDonald to get the boat out though . Anything to do around here ?
I wouldn’t bring that kid out today. Bit on the lumpy side.

The Jericho Beach site has been back up for awhile now on Big Wave Dave, nice to see that report. Halibut Bank is still down going on 3 months.

IMG_8133.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back