2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried west van this morning for an hour or so. Pretty quiet and lots of weeds and sticks. Moved to south bowen. Pretty steady action. Mix of pinks, coho and Chinook. Kept a nice 5lb hatch ho. Nice day on the water. Pretty lumpy this morning. Settled down in the afternoon. Felt good to get some blood on the deck of the 282, on the first fish.

Out on the 3rd. Lost a nice fish that screamed line 5 minutes into fishing. Around 6:45. My buddy and I managed to kill one that was 63 cm and one JUST under 80cm. Lost 2 other screamers. ALL on anchovies around 60-80’. Went today and managed (with a different buddy) 2 more. Luck on my side!!! One 62 and one 78cm. 51 feet on riggers just east of Pt Atkinson. Great fun. Tried for coho but nada. Good luck out there!
Be careful with what you post

I think he means don't post good fishing in an area so it gets busy there...but whatever 🙄. Who cares. Big ocean not many secrets locally. Right place and time and tide fish are there one day not the next. Is what it is.
Aaaaah yes. Maybe you're right.

Fished 28-6 again yesterday- terrible batting average as we went 4 for 12- 1 coho and 3 pinks boated- straightened a hook on a spring, busted a krippled k on something else, white squirt/ chartruese flasher was steady at 40’, more qualty around last Sunday- likely moved with the full moon we had- saw a few piles of surface pinks or hoes- fair bits of algae/ weed but the fish were near so deal with it

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2651.jpeg
    IMG_2651.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 121
have a couple buddies that are from out of town that i wanted to take fishing off the beach for some pink salmon. any of u guys out in boats seeing any area’s where they can be caught from shore? thanks in advance!

Yes it’s a chinook, in a coho trough, hence my attempt at humour.

Got it on an Okuma 10’6 medium flex rod and MR3 reel.
Ya ok. Your post made no sense but now it does. You caught a spring on pink gear. Sounded like you put pink gear out and caught pinks but one looked like a Chinook to me and it was. Good job. I have a rod and reel too.
Was the fourth fish a pink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back