2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fell in love with the pillow this morning and didnt make it out till 10am, porteau coves full, sunset marina full...life in the city I guess. Weather looks A+, good luck boys!

Same as last years regs. A total Cluster *****....Imagine all the best fishermen in Vancouver are on this website and can't figure things out. What's that say about the way regs are communicated.
I was on the DFO website and a link popped up to complete a survey of their website... I recommend we all take the 2 minutes (or more depending how much time you have) and give them our feedback:

*EDIT- looks like this link is not the survey I took (even though it was the exact link). the dfo/fishing survey showed up when i was on their website and left my computer on overnight... you might still be able to provide info based on the general questions, just need to find it.

One thing I noticed that doesn't make sense is when you scroll to the bottom of the 'Salmon' tab for area 28 they have this listed. It's 2023 now... not 2022. just making it all more convoluted... https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s28-eng.html

1691266551190.png

Last edited:
Die we agree 28-6 is open? Anyone tried over there?
Out on the 3rd. Lost a nice fish that screamed line 5 minutes into fishing. Around 6:45. My buddy and I managed to kill one that was 63 cm and one JUST under 80cm. Lost 2 other screamers. ALL on anchovies around 60-80’. Went today and managed (with a different buddy) 2 more. Luck on my side!!! One 62 and one 78cm. 51 feet on riggers just east of Pt Atkinson. Great fun. Tried for coho but nada. Good luck out there!

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 159
Word to the wise. Its summer and the RCMP was set up yesterday conducting a drinking and driving counterattack at Mcdonald ramp.

On another note we got out yesterday and dropped crab traps and got 4 keepers and tested a prop. Hung around point Atkinson and west van. There was fish on the screen but no takers for us. We did see a open bow grady net a questionable spring and troll way off the tack and boat it. It was big. Anyway there are chinook around.

Word to the wise. Its summer and the RCMP was set up yesterday conducting a drinking and driving counterattack at Mcdonald ramp.

On another note we got out yesterday and dropped crab traps and got 4 keepers and tested a prop. Hung around point Atkinson and west van. There was fish on the screen but no takers for us. We did see a open bow grady net a questionable spring and troll way off the tack and boat it. It was big. Anyway there are chinook around.
It was more than that when we were there around 10:30am. RCMP, Coast Guard, Port Authority doing full on safety checks and checking paperwork.

Taking the baby out. Is it any calmer at Bowen than the harbour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back