2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a good look that way yesterday and found springs deep on the salmon super highway around 300', 160 to 180 on the rigger. Seems they have moved deeper and i was there from 1:30 to 6 pm or so. Good luck, white hoochies were the best action by far.
Is the Salmon Super Highway that area that looks like the trough in front of South Bowen?

I think of it as the trough between shore and the hump but ya, that would be the southern end before the entrance to howe sound. Basically, if there's no one around you, you're in the zone. It's almost August and I find the springs move off shore from the shallows off Gower. Not saying you won't find them inside, but don't discount the deeper waters.

I think of it as the trough between shore and the hump but ya, that would be the southern end before the entrance to howe sound. Basically, if there's no one around you, you're in the zone. It's almost August and I find the springs move off shore from the shallows off Gower. Not saying you won't find them inside, but don't discount the deeper waters.
East. The East end. Look at your compass the next time you're running along the shore there and tell me what it says. Dummy

indian arm bound pinks should be starting to show up now around the vancouver harbour believe 2nd week of septmber pinks start showing up off the mouth of sandheads
My experience is that the bulk of Pinks are usually in the Chilliwack area Sept 10th. So I'd think Sandheads would be very early in September. (unless those Wack Pinks are going in North Arm.)

Nice hour and half out in front of Chaster Creek from 11-12:30pm.
One clipped ‘Ho and kept two pinks but it was non-stop action once I found them.
Coho was on a white hootchy at 42 ft on the downrigger.
Pinks were on a mini bubblegum pink hootchy at 57 ft on the downrigger.
Interestingly, all hits were when I was trolling towards Gibsons.
Beauty of an afternoon.

Nice hour and half out in front of Chaster Creek from 11-12:30pm.
One clipped ‘Ho and kept two pinks but it was non-stop action once I found them.
Coho was on a white hootchy at 42 ft on the downrigger.
Pinks were on a mini bubblegum pink hootchy at 57 ft on the downrigger.
Interestingly, all hits were when I was trolling towards Gibsons.
Beauty of an afternoon.
I did not have out any pink or specific gear, but they were sure hitting the Coho gear. As you say, once they were found, it was nonstop action. And everyone made it to the boat, no losing them to soft mouth syndrome.

Fished Cowan yesterday seen a few wild coho first thing then the pinks rolled in . Couldn’t keep them off the lines! Double headers constantly. Lots of fun and took a couple home for the bbq. They ain’t so bad fresh and I want to try @sasqman pickled pink recipe .
They have definitely arrived and are in greater numbers now than coho from what I have seen. What a great run of fishing success this summer so far.

Fished Cowan yesterday seen a few wild coho first thing then the pinks rolled in . Couldn’t keep them off the lines! Double headers constantly. Lots of fun and took a couple home for the bbq. They ain’t so bad fresh and I want to try @sasqman pickled pink recipe .
Agreed fresh pink is delicious. Cooked a whole fish last night and found it keeps the meat moist. The backbone pulled out easy too. Was surprised to see some pink a bit coloured up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back