2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what’s better for Saturday for chinook? Cross to Entrance? or Gower area? Notices have been released

Never fished south Bowen, but was going to give it a try saturday. Any suggestions on the tides to target? Head out in the morning to fish the low slack or come out in the afternoon and fish the flood and high tide? Any issues with running out of parking?

Thanks!

Fished the deep water around the hump last night from 6 to 8. Great conditions, but quite a bit of weeds. I marked lots of fish from 20 to 70 feet, but didn't get a single bite. Tried a variety of gear that's worked for me previously and was trolling 3-4kn.

Anyone get into any action at Roger Curtis? Saw a pack of boats there but the kiddo wasn't feeling well so I headed in.

Don't use any of this gear, it doesn't work, lol

Attachments

• IMG_8951.jpeg
    IMG_8951.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8946.jpeg
    IMG_8946.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 100
Never fished south Bowen, but was going to give it a try saturday. Any suggestions on the tides to target? Head out in the morning to fish the low slack or come out in the afternoon and fish the flood and high tide? Any issues with running out of parking?

Thanks!
Depends on where you're coming from I would imagine...

Fished the deep water around the hump last night from 6 to 8. Great conditions, but quite a bit of weeds. I marked lots of fish from 20 to 70 feet, but didn't get a single bite. Tried a variety of gear that's worked for me previously and was trolling 3-4kn.

Anyone get into any action at Roger Curtis? Saw a pack of boats there but the kiddo wasn't feeling well so I headed in.

Don't use any of this gear, it doesn't work, lol
The problem is you're calling the spot the wrong thing. The guys that drank the Trough kool-aid are catching way more fish.

Join us... o_O

Thanks!
I don't think it really matters at the moment. Was out Wednesday from 12 noon - 3 pm in the middle of the tide and we kept 6 hatchery, released 6 wild and had another 8 - 12 bites/hook ups that didn't stick.

We were fishing the standard UV white hoochie on one side and an apex with a dummy flasher on the other (don't seem to be popular anymore, but we used to use them all the time 20 - 30 years ago for coho). Stopped getting hits on the hoochie, so dropped it down to the apex depth. Kept getting hits on the apex side, but was cooking lunch and between the steady action wasn't able to change out the hoochie for about an hour an half. When I finally did a chance to switch it out, found that the hook had broken off, so spent half the time we were out with no hook on one side! I imagine we would have been done even sooner with two working lures...

It's worth giving an apex a try if you have one in your tackle box, its been outproducing the hoochie 2:1 on some days and at least even on the worst.

Also found a 5" 602 uvbii floating out there - anyone here lose it?

IMG_5469.jpg71088801433__61635775-52DA-441F-A08D-B91F20B089F7.jpg

I don't think it really matters at the moment. Was out Wednesday from 12 noon - 3 pm in the middle of the tide and we kept 6 hatchery, released 6 wild and had another 8 - 12 bites/hook ups that didn't stick.

We were fishing the standard UV white hoochie on one side and an apex with a dummy flasher on the other (don't seem to be popular anymore, but we used to use them all the time 20 - 30 years ago for coho). Stopped getting hits on the hoochie, so dropped it down to the apex depth. Kept getting hits on the apex side, but was cooking lunch and between the steady action wasn't able to change out the hoochie for about an hour an half. When I finally did a chance to switch it out, found that the hook had broken off, so spent half the time we were out with no hook on one side! I imagine we would have been done even sooner with two working lures...

It's worth giving an apex a try if you have one in your tackle box, its been outproducing the hoochie 2:1 on some days and at least even on the worst.

Also found a 5" 602 uvbii floating out there - anyone here lose it?

View attachment 94737View attachment 94736
Was going to try an Apex and have some I used 30 yrs ago. They were a go to lure then. What colour and size are you using now?

I ran them one summer hard, never had a nibble. I'll never go back.
I think we all have some tackle like that. I'm the same way with the AP spoons. I've tried a bunch in various conditions and never had so much as a sniff and they don't come out anymore, but other guys swear by them which is great. My tackle purchases have dropped way off the past couple years to almost zero as I just stick to the usual stuff that works for me. I'd buy some more apexes though if I could find the size/pattern I like!

I think we all have some tackle like that. I'm the same way with the AP spoons. I've tried a bunch in various conditions and never had so much as a sniff and they don't come out anymore, but other guys swear by them which is great. My tackle purchases have dropped way off the past couple years to almost zero as I just stick to the usual stuff that works for me. I'd buy some more apexes though if I could find the size/pattern I like!

AP spoons have given me the same issues...one has always been bonkers then this spring zip. I'm not giving up tho, they spin amazing and I think it's more of a speed thing on my side.

i often think that the lures on the Great Wall of Lures in every tackle shop are designed to catch fishermen, not fish :).

So, what’s better for Saturday for chinook? Cross to Entrance? or Gower area? Notices have been released
Looking online I do t see any notices for chinook
Five hits, four to the boat, two clipped in the box. Three of us out doing a Roger Curtis going across the trough and out towards the hump and then coming back. Beautiful day.
with yah ! 8 landed, 3 in the box , lost 4 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back