2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, just want to say as a new member this year and reading all the updates in the past , it been awesome being able to go out and have success, thanks to everyone sharing their successes. ! So I have decided to share some of mine.
Went out to the south side of Bowen 2 times in the past 7 days and have limited out our group of 4 both times in 1.5 hours on coho. The 2 trips total 31 coho , with 16 hatchery and 5 chinook under 14lb .

Definitely worth the trip both times !

A friend of mine got the information back from the heads turned in and the fish we were told are all US fish from Columbia river.

Anyway, thanks again to all who continue to post their success so others can get out and enjoy this awesome local sport .

🍻 cheers
You received the information from the heads after only 7 days ? Wow

Did anyone else see the video on Facebook of underwater footage of all the anchovies at Sewell’s Marina today? Incredibly thick run of anchovies there. Perhaps some of the coho have followed.

I also read it as the heads from that particular trip, and was surprised they got results back so quick… you don’t gotta be a dick about it.
well if you are going to call a guy out expect the same , and I read it as his budy got the results not him or on this particular day or week .This is how a new member gets treated no wonder my budys stopped posting picts or helping guys on here

well if you are going to call a guy out expect the same , and I read it as his budy got the results not him or on this particular day or week .This is how a new member gets treated no wonder my budys stopped posting picts or helping guys on here
This site is great. Trout wasn’t calling anybody out, just commenting on quick test results. Funny I haven’t seen any fishing related posts from you, except to come on and say “well if you can read properly…” so maybe a glance in the mirror is in order. ;)

Think the derail regarding heads being turned in and results coming back has been dealt with now. Funny how I knew when Nauti-J posted that comment this was going to go off the rails. If @Nauti-J would like to clarify the time period for the heads that were submitted and the data returned, he is welcome to. If not, we will carry on and get back to fishing reports. Sounds like the Coho fishing has been strong in the Vancouver area!

well if you can read properly he said one of his friends got the results back , Wow
So I’m not a book worm . But hearing that they are hatching 10’s of millions into fish programs has created a very positive and uplifting feeling that hatchery programs are making a huge difference. Almost 50% on our 2 days . So let’s be respectful and push a hatchery program than come close to half $ .!!!
Send in your heads ! Let’s see what our big brother has created! ?
Let’s hear it . Play the rules , let’s see the results. ? That’s the future for my kids ! 😎.
Awesome to see that much hatch in our home turf !

So I’m not a book worm . But hearing that they are hatching 10’s of millions into fish programs has created a very positive and uplifting feeling that hatchery programs are making a huge difference. Almost 50% on our 2 days . So let’s be respectful and push a hatchery program than come close to half $ .!!!
Send in your heads ! Let’s see what our big brother has created! ?
Let’s hear it . Play the rules , let’s see the results. ? That’s the future for my kids ! 😎.
Awesome to see that much hatch in our home turf !
I forgot USA programs is what I believe is this fishery as they are spending 10 x millions more $ . Send in your heads !

Did anyone else see the video on Facebook of underwater footage of all the anchovies at Sewell’s Marina today? Incredibly thick run of anchovies there. Perhaps some of the coho have followed.
May be time to bring out the ol' cast net? Now if I can actually figure out how to throw the damn thing I might have some free bait!

I left the marina around 430 this afternoon and headed out into a stiff SW. was blowing about 12-15 at that time and I didn’t feel like slopping around in it off south Bowen, so fished the WV waterfront instead. Still no sign of coho in there. Trolled from Starboat Cove down to 17th Street pier and back to Point Atkinson without a touch. Lots of anchovies up on the flats but no fish around them that I could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back