2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, OK...that's something to think about. I thought I was going fairly fast already (judging by the angle of my rigger lines...)

Maybe I'll just stick to spoons and hootchies for coho
Someone said blue flash fly with blue flasher worked great yesterday.
Yep that was me. Was slower yesterday but I got 3 of the 4 on the blue flasher & flash fly combo. I was going faster than most other guys out there 3.5-4 knots.

Attachments

• 5C584C7B-E4DC-417F-8E59-8926A59A7D59.jpeg
    5C584C7B-E4DC-417F-8E59-8926A59A7D59.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 147
Was slow yesterday off Bowen. Saw a bit of bait jumping, but didn't mark much. Anyone else? Did travel past the Bell Buoy to checkout the attempted rescue of a sailboat that was grounded 2hrs into the ebb with people onboard and 45 degrees over already. Did mark bait near the Bell Buoy.

Last edited:
Started yesterday at 6:30 at RC but had only 3 hits 2 lost and 1 hatchery coho landed. Trolled till noon and made decision to cross to Thrasher after lings. Got 3 keepers and decided to troll there over evening slack. Landed another hatchery coho but it was some nice action! 2 double headers and about 25 total fish mostly wild cohos and some small chinook. Lots of fun!

I’ll be out tonight for the night bite. Have you guys been finding more success at RC or the hump? I’ve been a perfect 50/50 so far

Last night after I got blown off South Bowen. Trolled from Caulfield Cove to the Cap, did a circle or two there, not a nibble, did a few selections of coho gear. There have been a few caught there, not sure if wild or not though.
Ok good to know. Heading out after work I think I’ll stick with Bowen tonight.

We fished RC from 5-830pm and got into 12+ fish.

2 dogfish
3 hatchery coho, 3 wild
4 lost - one was likely a 12-15lb spring as it put on quite the show

Depths around 38-50 and ALL action on spoons (skinny gee and coho killer).

Caught 1 or 2 of the coho after popping the line off the clip and letting it surface naturally.

Almost every time we reeled in there was a coho chasing the lure up to the boat.

Hello, just want to say as a new member this year and reading all the updates in the past , it been awesome being able to go out and have success, thanks to everyone sharing their successes. ! So I have decided to share some of mine.
Went out to the south side of Bowen 2 times in the past 7 days and have limited out our group of 4 both times in 1.5 hours on coho. The 2 trips total 31 coho , with 16 hatchery and 5 chinook under 14lb .

Definitely worth the trip both times !

A friend of mine got the information back from the heads turned in and the fish we were told are all US fish from Columbia river.

Anyway, thanks again to all who continue to post their success so others can get out and enjoy this awesome local sport .

🍻 cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpeg
    IMG_1950.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3122.jpeg
    IMG_3122.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1955.jpeg
    IMG_1955.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 145
Hello, just want to say as a new member this year and reading all the updates in the past , it been awesome being able to go out and have success, thanks to everyone sharing their successes. ! So I have decided to share some of mine.
Went out to the south side of Bowen 2 times in the past 7 days and have limited out our group of 4 both times in 1.5 hours on coho. The 2 trips total 31 coho , with 16 hatchery and 5 chinook under 14lb .

A friend of mine got the information back from the heads turned in and the fish we were told are all US fish from Columbia river.

Anyway, thanks again to all who continue to post their success so others can get out and enjoy this awesome local sport .

🍻 cheers
Pretty sure that's not a Coho. Looks like a Pink

🍻 cheers
Any gear choices that seem to work every trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back