2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes and goes, it’s laying down a bit now, but it was pretty chunky a while ago. You can see more boats heading out there too. Alternating between green sbatter back and the classic white Hoochie, both are working, eight to the boat, but only one is hatchery, and it’s a beautiful fat one.
Awesome!

Comes and goes, it’s laying down a bit now, but it was pretty chunky a while ago. You can see more boats heading out there too. Alternating between green sbatter back and the classic white Hoochie, both are working, eight to the boat, but only one is hatchery, and it’s a beautiful fat one.
Funny we didn’t see a wild all day, including the chinook we released 🤷‍♂️

Out near south bowen/hump after seeing morning reports. Wasn’t planning on fishing today but had to seeing the reports. Got a late start and seems slow so far, haven’t seen any nets out but there must be at least 100 boats fishing now.

Weather fantastic and nice calm seas, couldn’t ask for more.

Got my lings on the other side. Trying for coho now but pretty quiet at hump and trough so far. Don’t feel like going into the pack that is hugging the shoreline. Boats are all spread out so maybe quieter this afternoon?

Went over the Thrasher Rock this morning. Got a double header in 15 minutes. Both wild coho about 5 lbs. Did some bottom fishing around the reef there. Got a 10 lbs long. Heard that the trough was producing in the morning. Raised our lines and head over there around 1pm. Fished till 3:30 pm. Only 1 bite that didn't stick. Went back to Spanish bank to pick up crab traps. Only 3 keepers in two traps. It was flat calm from Thrasher to the trough. Surprised that the it was more windy around Spanish bank than mid Straight.

Finished the day with no salmon in the box, only 1 chinook which seemed to be hatchery released by the boat and 1 bite that didn’t stick. seaweed situation was a little annoying. Jigged up a couple flounder for dinner as a consolation prize for the last 30 mins and packed it in. Beauty day though!

I went out yesterday. Crossed over to Galiano Island. Fished across most the island on the straight side. We caught a few wild coho. And a couple really nice chinook at 40 feet trolling pretty fast. Released everything. Also released three lingcod that were just under the 65cm.

Was out at South Bowen yesterday 9:30-12:30. Had 3 hits that didn't stick. Nothing to the boat. Seemed slow....only saw one fish played but it was released in the water (guide in a Grady).

What depth was everybody running? I was trying 30-50ft....maybe shoulda tried deeper too?! Had an anchovie on one side and white hootchies with flash on the other.

Word has it that work on the Vanier Park dock begins at midnight tonight with the floats from the west dock being crane lifted on to the west ramp. This is were repairs to the floats is supposed to happen but will result in the ramp being closed. As of this moment there is no mention of this on Parks maintenance website. The east ramp is supposed to remain open.

Was out at South Bowen yesterday 9:30-12:30. Had 3 hits that didn't stick. Nothing to the boat. Seemed slow....only saw one fish played but it was released in the water (guide in a Grady).

What depth was everybody running? I was trying 30-50ft....maybe shoulda tried deeper too?! Had an anchovie on one side and white hootchies with flash on the other.
I don't think an anchovy would survive the speeds I'm running for coho

I have had ZERO coho on plain white hootchies. All action in the 30-58 range and literally only on green speckled and the white glow that has a tinge of green.

Anyone out today? Would love a report as we are hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon but that seems to be about the time it turns off lately.

I have had ZERO coho on plain white hootchies. All action in the 30-58 range and literally only on green speckled and the white glow that has a tinge of green.

Anyone out today? Would love a report as we are hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon but that seems to be about the time it turns off lately.
Someone said blue flash fly with blue flasher worked great yesterday.

It's nasty rough out, buddy had to cross from RC to Nanaimo and hit pause, said past white islets he was seeing epic 5' rollers this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back