2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy Coho fishing in Gibsons last week but then slowed as the herd moved past to Bowen/Hump. Even the wife enjoyed herself. Tried this little Rapalla, way behind the boat, no weight, and pulled in a nice hatchery. Actually I’ve found most success being well back from the riggers…50’+. Maybe because my diesel Yanmar is noisy/rattlie. Good times.
Interesting the distance back you have your lure, with success, I have my line release attached to the ball, and only 4 ft of line between flasher and the clip. Those ADHD coho seem to love all that action and noise right at the cannonball. I will remove the temporary 2nd bead stopper as currently there is no need for double stacking, and with all the hits it gets repetitive using the retrieve switch twice per fish.

Interesting the distance back you have your lure, with success, I have my line release attached to the ball, and only 4 ft of line between flasher and the clip. Those ADHD coho seem to love all that action and noise right at the cannonball. I will remove the temporary 2nd bead stopper as currently there is no need for double stacking, and with all the hits it gets repetitive using the retrieve switch twice per fish.
I just use the upper stopper and run a kone zone at the lower one. Not fishing bottom so it doesn't matter.

I went out on Friday afternoon on a solo trip, I had three hours or so. I left north van around 200pm. Started trolling right when I got to Bowen. First hour was real slow. As soon as I got to CRC it was on fire. I used two dummy flashers per side. One side a pink mirror flasher with a no bananas the other side was blue mirror and hoochie. 40 feet. First fish was a hatchery coho. Then I couldn't keep two lines down, after a few wild coho and one chinook I finished with a hatchery double header. Released the one. Awesome afternoon. After the fish I headed from CRC to Point Roberts.. Ill be keeping the boat there until October. If it calms down I'll head out for a quick trip this afternoon.
We had to go to one rod as well. I couldn’t keep up with running two.

I went out on Friday afternoon on a solo trip, I had three hours or so. I left north van around 200pm. Started trolling right when I got to Bowen. First hour was real slow. As soon as I got to CRC it was on fire. I used two dummy flashers per side. One side a pink mirror flasher with a no bananas the other side was blue mirror and hoochie. 40 feet. First fish was a hatchery coho. Then I couldn't keep two lines down, after a few wild coho and one chinook I finished with a hatchery double header. Released the one. Awesome afternoon. After the fish I headed from CRC to Point Roberts.. Ill be keeping the boat there until October. If it calms down I'll head out for a quick trip this afternoon.
Pretty windy off the point right now? I'll be down there Monday chilling out at the campground. Pt Roberts is great marina.

Is there a boat launch at the Point Roberts marina?

Yes and no. It is a lift---travel lift with slings. I have put in there a couple of times. There is a ramp at Lighthouse Park, but it is subject to lots of gravel movement on it and they removed the dock so you better have a relatively beach ready boat. In the summer it should be in OK condition.....maybe.

Call about the sling at the marina you will have to schedule to put in and pull out. Like stated above the park has a launch but they have a college kid summer help that works both parks on the point so he doesn’t have a lot of time to constantly scrape the ramp after every high tide- if you have a large boat I wouldn’t try it but anything 20’ ish and under with a diesel should be no problem.

Yes and no. It is a lift---travel lift with slings. I have put in there a couple of times. There is a ramp at Lighthouse Park, but it is subject to lots of gravel movement on it and they removed the dock so you better have a relatively beach ready boat. In the summer it should be in OK condition.....maybe.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back