2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out at the green bell all day until 4pm. Caught one undersized in the morning, towed a boater whose motor gave up on him into False Creek, and finally bagged a keeper at 2pm in 120 FOW, 70 ft on the rigger. Also managed to hook a herring by the mouth. There were lots of herring in the area.
What’s the green bell?

NOOB question. Is the “Waterfall” off the upper, or lower, creek from Hutt island? Leaving a friend's house on Gambier and want to try it on the way back to HSB

Attachments

• BDD35592-B983-4843-87FD-599EB53A277E.jpeg
    BDD35592-B983-4843-87FD-599EB53A277E.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 53
Snuck out yesterday between 3-7pm at the bell buoy. Lots of bait and what looked like suspended fish. Had one rod shallow (100ft) the other in the mud. Skunked. I’ve had horrible luck at the bell this year. Time to change it up! On the plus side I got a decent prawn haul off the bell. Never prawned there before but have seen commie traps out there before. Nice constellation prize.
Hey Don Julio. Heading out tomorrow and was thinking Turnstall just so I could drop the prawn trap. But see you got some off the bell. Usual 250ish? Between UBC and Bell? If I can stay close I rather not go all the way to Bowen.

What the hell is wrong with people, theft pisses me off to no end.
Criminal justice system has non retention restrictions, catch and release. Maybe the politicians feel stealing from a car is better than B & E's, less chance of personal injury and if you can afford a home, car and a boat then you can afford a catalytic converter or just launch from West Vancouver or Point Grey where there used to be more policing.

They could stop most of these thefts easily if they wanted to IMO. I mean how many places are there to sell these things?

Sewells? There has to be a lot of cameras around there.

Criminal justice system has non retention restrictions, catch and release. Maybe the politicians feel stealing from a car is better than B & E's, less chance of personal injury and if you can afford a home, car and a boat then you can afford a catalytic converter or just launch from West Vancouver or Point Grey where there used to be more policing.

They could stop most of these thefts easily if they wanted to IMO. I mean how many places are there to sell these things?

Sewells? There has to be a lot of cameras around there.
Thieves are everywhere. Customer had his stolen from a city works yard with tons of cameras.

Hey Don Julio. Heading out tomorrow and was thinking Turnstall just so I could drop the prawn trap. But see you got some off the bell. Usual 250ish? Between UBC and Bell? If I can stay close I rather not go all the way to Bowen.
Yes. I dropped shallower with low expectations - 210ft and had about 50 prawns after a 3-4 hour soak

Yes. I dropped shallower with low expectations - 210ft and had about 50 prawns after a 3-4 hour soak
That use to be my go to spot as well and it use to produce well over 100 every four hour soak. It’s so inconsistent now that I’ve stopped prawning all together now. Will burn some gas tomorrow and try Bowen

Left home yesterday morning with fresh snow on the ground and rain in the forecast, not sure what to expect. Ended up with a perfect day on the water, lots of action, and a couple nice keepers.

Attachments

• EB59E6F9-03EA-4951-9412-3C3D636DB0C8.jpeg
    EB59E6F9-03EA-4951-9412-3C3D636DB0C8.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 792CD4DD-67FA-420F-B170-4075678FB886.jpeg
    792CD4DD-67FA-420F-B170-4075678FB886.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 148
Left home yesterday morning with fresh snow on the ground and rain in the forecast, not sure what to expect. Ended up with a perfect day on the water, lots of action, and a couple nice keepers.
Well done! Where and what depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back