2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One under at the bell from 3pm-6pm.

Lots of bait, little action. Saw what looked like a commerical prawn boat setting and hauling gear around there. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

With the weather we are supposed to have in the next couple of days, I'm planning to fish both tomorrow and Saturday and of course will report back if I fish. Since the wind is supposed to be very light, crossing the Strait is an option. For those who have fished or heard about fishing Thrasher, is it worth making the trip or would you just fish locally?

Hey @capman I am looking at the same and I think I would shoot across. The tides are sort of ****** this week...but I know one boat picked up a football of a 65cm spring off grace yesterday with hoochies, then a bunch of unders for the rest of the day in other spots nearby. They got the keeper around the high slack then it was quiet for a while.

For me, it depends if I can make it to Chevron today to full the tank, but I guess I can fill at Pages or Silva Bay.

Hey @capman I am looking at the same and I think I would shoot across. The tides are sort of ****** this week...but I know one boat picked up a football of a 65cm spring off grace yesterday with hoochies, then a bunch of unders for the rest of the day in other spots nearby. They got the keeper around the high slack then it was quiet for a while.

For me, it depends if I can make it to Chevron today to full the tank, but I guess I can fill at Pages or Silva Bay.
Sounds like a plan ab1752. I'll have to do the same. fill up the tank at Chevron, drop the traps, and then head towards Grace. I'm going to PM you as well.

What’s wrong with the tides? Saturday looks great… chevron should be open at 7am if I’m not mistaken. Be good timing for the morning tide.

Last edited:
For one thing it's not Saturday yet but wait til then and it definitely has nice pop in the morning.

By the way I'm fairly sure chevron for us rec boaters opens at 8 am, not 7 am like it says online.

Last edited:
Seems like there’s gonna be a bit of a fleet out there Saturday. I hope to join…. Was wondering the same thing about Thrasher, the Nanaimo thread is a ghost town. The Bell was hot mid-March last year too. Or around Bowen… so many decisions

I’m going to give er a whirl tomorrow. Just need my Advil n Cheerios breakfast so my surgical wait list hip will function and I’ll be good to go.

Looks like sunscreen for a few days.

For one thing it's not Saturday yet but wait til then and it definitely has nice pop in the morning.

By the way I'm fairly sure chevron for us rec boaters opens at 8 am, not 7 am like it says online.
I’ve filled up there often before 8. The guy working there just isn’t too stoked about leaving his warm office. 😂

I’ve filled up there often before 8. The guy working there just isn’t too stoked about leaving his warm office. 😂
Haha those guys are ******* pricks , big time had it out with one of them a few years back . False creek for me now lol

I had the frosty reception at chevron for showing "before" opening hours last summer. The dock operates for commercial vessels 24 x 7, so what exactly are the hours online for? Anyway, I like Granville island too, well stocked store but they're clearly focused on recreational boaters.

Go get, em!

I had the frosty reception at chevron for showing "before" opening hours last summer. The dock operates for commercial vessels 24 x 7, so what exactly are the hours online for? Anyway, I like Granville island too, well stocked store but they're clearly focused on recreational boaters.

Go get, em!
You guys are being too hard on the chevron employees. One guys has a real bad attitude. Three out of the four are great people. I would be bitter too working at a lonely gas station, having guys roll up in yachts and nice fishing boats bitching about the fuel prices. Filled up two weekends ago at 7:05.

You guys are being too hard on the chevron employees. One guys has a real bad attitude. Three out of the four are great people. I would be bitter too working at a lonely gas station, having guys roll up in yachts and nice fishing boats bitching about the fuel prices. Filled up two weekends ago at 7:05.
The old guy with sideburns retired I think he was mega grumpy.

Anyway spent a few hours of Cowan, had a nice tug at 100', 3" ap spoon but missed it. Then at 155' on the same spoon brought up what may have been a barely legal keeper but released at the boat. I'm curios to hear how the guys off west van and Ambleside did? Great day, hope to be back at it tomorrow am at first light.

For the record I have had zero issues at chevron and always go there. Just that the hours posted online aren't reliable for rec boaters, in my experience.

I like Granville island too, well stocked store but they're clearly focused on recreational boaters.

Go get, em!

Most of their biz is from the false creek ferries, the big charter guys out of plaza of nations, coast guard, police boats, fire boats, and the boat rental place on GI. Rec boaters are seasonal. I asked today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back