2022 Winter Harbour Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished on the 10th and 11th, or at least we tried to. Apparently we picked the worst days of the summer for our trip as it was gale force winds and heavy rain. Got 1 spring near the light on the 10th. The 11th was so nasty we couldn't even get the gear out.

I'd love to try WH again some time, as this wasn't a fair test. Thanks to Bill and his wife for being helpful at the Outpost!

Had an other great stay at the Outpost. We arrived Tuesday morning and fished Cliff Pt on our way out and caught our limit of Coho and a couple beauty Springs with one tipping the scales at 35lbs. Went outside Wednesday morning off Lawn Pt and picked up a chicken Hali before heading back in to Cliff for some calmer water. Finished up our trip limit of Coho and a couple more midsized springs. Spent all day Thursday sifting through Coho trying to find a couple more springs. Couldn’t find any anywhere. Was too rough to go anywhere. Did a short evening fish at the Lighthouse and picked up another 20lb spring. Had a rough ride out this morning heading home as the whole inlet was blown up from the gale force winds blowing up into the inlet and the swell from the west. Made for a snotty ride out. Over all a great trip. Can’t wIt till next year.

Fished on the 10th and 11th, or at least we tried to. Apparently we picked the worst days of the summer for our trip as it was gale force winds and heavy rain. Got 1 spring near the light on the 10th. The 11th was so nasty we couldn't even get the gear out.

I'd love to try WH again some time, as this wasn't a fair test. Thanks to Bill and his wife for being helpful at the Outpost!
Wind isn’t unusual on the north west part of the island

Does anyone know what the outpost is currently charging per litre of fuel and does Qualicum have ice for sale?

Thanks

Coho and Yellow eye.

just returned from WH lots of coho around and odd Chinook. Coho killer seem to work the best for coho and Chinook. Got out front for some halibut but had to work for them. We fished south one day and did well on lingcod also tons of yellow eye the sea quilizer worked well. I don’t ever remember so many yellow eye and nice size ones. I can only assume that that the descending devices are paying off.

Also flake ice available from Mickey, silver quonset just up the hill from Qualicum. Self serve/honour system if he's not around, obviously bring cash not card.

Any springs in the last couple days around cliff pt

Just coming out of winter harbour after a two week trip! Full pull springs, coho, lings, rock fish and Hali for 5 guys! Awesome trip, can’t wait for aug 1st to take possession of my new water front cabin !
A new era for the Palace. Was good to meet you fellas.

Just got back from 5 day trip.
Spring fishing slow offshore and in.
Lots of small coho around. Springs just starting to come back in to Cliff and coho sizing up. Fished way down in Brookes bay but wind was a constant issue.
Loads of lings everywhere.
Typical fuel gouging at the outpost $2.40.
$1.93 in Coal harbor. Almost worth running in.
Big shout out to Ron for taking over after Mike's passing. Thanks buddy.

Last edited:
Hey Guy's

If your looking for accommodation in Winter Harbour Check out my Post

Gong Show fish patrol is heading to WH on Sunday. Hopefully the wind forecast is over enthusiastic.
This is the three generation tour with Pops and daughters.
Wassup?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back