Status
Not open for further replies.
took my sisters out today for there annual fishing trip spent the morning between sax point and brochie ledge but not a thing. Didn’t even see a net in the water. Had a stizzla moment as I was showing them how to get the bait to roll while holding the flasher in my hand, while still talking let the flasher go and didn’t realize that I hadn’t hooked to my line!
Impressive!

Any reports from OB flats or the gap? Also has anyone been out to Constance Bank? I talked my wife in to going out tomorrow morning and I need to catch some fish or ??? it may be yard work for this guy. :)
Fished Constance yesterday for several small springs and an occasional unclipped (small) coho. Tried Clover during the heavy part of the ebb for nothing. Lots of bait and marks - but nothing wanted to taste my twirling anchovies. Also tried for halibut at slacker periods at constance - no biters fo me.

Breakwater this morning. 630-730. Tried Brotchie and the ledge towards the flag pole. Nada. Headed to the east side of trial and did a couple runs over to discovery and back. Nada. Not one net out. One last try at Brotchie on the way in and nothing. Off the water at 1pm. Tried plastic, anchovies and lures. 35' to 70' on the DR. Nice day on the water tho

Afternoon fish off Oak Bay. Released one small spring maybe 5# and lost another a little better. Late in the flood. Several rockfish and baby lings. Jigging.

Fished out front of Victoria (Saxes to breakwater) today, 6 to 930.
70 to 80 ft of water and 65 ft on the DR. All the fish were caught on bait, just out side off Esq Anglers harbour.
First fish on at 630, and it took 20 minutes to get it to the boat. Both hooks in it, so we brought it on to the boat, removed the hooks and took measurement 93cm, released it and it took off. At 715 got the fattest 78cm (white) I've ever seen. 18lb. At 740 we got an 80cm fish which was also 17.9lb. All three fish were not clipped.
There was lots and lots of bait and fish on the sonar and then at 8, 90% of the bait and fish were gone. Not another hit and we went in at 930.
Bonus is there are no shakers in Vic and we only used 5 anchovies.

Attachments

• Aug 15 Vic water front.jpg
    Aug 15 Vic water front.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 100
Late post: came back from Sooke yesterday after I caught a few fish, and my two clipped coho, and I arrived back at 2pm, just at the “bite time” was supposed to be In Victoria. Trolled the waterfront, breakwater, green can to see if I find me a spring to play. I didn’t! Stayed out until 4:15, with absolutely no action except for some kelp. Saw a few fish jumping on the surface, plenty of bait around, but no takers. Spoons, depths from 25’-90’.
When is the "bite time" supposed to be in Victoria? Top of the flood?

Day 5 of fishing with my nephews from Saskatchewan, the other 4 were salmon out Beechy to Otter, so today was Halibut day with the tides the way they were.

Left the launch just after 6, and was on the anchor and fishing by 6:45. started the day off with a Skate at around 7:30, then a few of dogs, and then it happened we found us a halibut at about 11:30, 105cm. Mackerel seasoned with a salmon belly on the side.

Poor flatlanders were complaining about “the burn“ reeling it up………..

Attachments

• 3DEEB887-1884-423E-A170-9D7EFC01F614.jpeg
    3DEEB887-1884-423E-A170-9D7EFC01F614.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 112
  • 8EC864FC-0975-4C87-9A76-0B97C836E075.jpeg
    8EC864FC-0975-4C87-9A76-0B97C836E075.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Fished out front of Victoria (Saxes to breakwater) today, 6 to 930.
70 to 80 ft of water and 65 ft on the DR. All the fish were caught on bait, just out side off Esq Anglers harbour.
First fish on at 630, and it took 20 minutes to get it to the boat. Both hooks in it, so we brought it on to the boat, removed the hooks and took measurement 93cm, released it and it took off. At 715 got the fattest 78cm (white) I've ever seen. 18lb. At 740 we got an 80cm fish which was also 17.9lb. All three fish were not clipped.
There was lots and lots of bait and fish on the sonar and then at 8, 90% of the bait and fish were gone. Not another hit and we went in at 930.
Bonus is there are no shakers in Vic and we only used 5 anchovies.
Nice when the fish are being fiscally responsible.

Day 5 of fishing with my nephews from Saskatchewan, the other 4 were salmon out Beechy to Otter, so toady was Halibut day with the tides the way they were.

Left the launch just after 6, and was on the anchor and fishing by 6:45. started the day off with a Skate at around 7:30, then a few of dogs, and then it happened we found us a halibut at about 11:30, 105cm. Mackerel seasoned with a salmon belly on the side.

Poor flatlanders were complaining about “the burn“ reeling it up………..
Love it! Especially when the Lions are going to crush the Riders

took my sisters out today for there annual fishing trip spent the morning between sax point and brochie ledge but not a thing. Didn’t even see a net in the water. Had a stizzla moment as I was showing them how to get the bait to roll while holding the flasher in my hand, while still talking let the flasher go and didn’t realize that I hadn’t hooked to my line!
Not the first one to do that.

Fished the Vic water front today from 6 to 10. There were about 35 boats out fishing, water was calm. Lots of bait on the sonar but not many fish.
We used bait and fished all the depth and not a bite. I did see two nets out and one fish landed appeared to be a spring. Also talked to about 6 other boats and all said they never had a bite.

I was one of those 35 boats, but my shift was 8:30 to 12. Same as Doug noted, lots of bait and some good marks around but no decent takers. I did release one small guy (about 4#s) on a spoon @11:30ish by the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back