Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out on OB flats this am. had a good hit and fight with a good sized spring but it spit the hook at 8:40 am. Circled back and bingo, had another spring on. Similiar fight and weighed in at 8lbs. (wild). Headed home shortly thereafter leaving one other boat fishing on the Flats.

Me too!

Got to fish with @Original in his beauty 542 out of Esquimalt. 12-3 shift. A few little guys released and 4 hard dungees for dinner. They were so good.

I’ve been in total work mode for the last few months straight so it was very good for me to say yes for once to an invitation and enjoy a calm afternoon with a good bud!
B762069D-5ED9-4E91-A480-20D67FFCE315.png

Me too!

Got to fish with @Original in his beauty 542 out of Esquimalt. 12-3 shift. A few little guys released and 4 hard dungees for dinner. They were so good.

I’ve been in total work mode for the last few months straight so it was very good for me to say yes for once to an invitation and enjoy a calm afternoon with a good bud!
View attachment 74215
Stizz, was that boat blue and white? I was off the harbour in my 14 ft Lund from 8:30 to 11:30.

Fished OB Flats yesterday for a few hours. Marked very little bait and only managed one hit from an undersize who was quickly released. No fish but nice to get out on the water again.

Stizz, was that boat blue and white? I was off the harbour in my 14 ft Lund from 8:30 to 11:30.
Oh so that’s why we didn’t catch anything big. You had already cleaned the place out!
our tub was white with black top and grey stripe

Oh so that’s why we didn’t catch anything big. You had already cleaned the place out!
our tub was white with black top and grey stripe
It has been quite slow the last week or two. Lots of small ones around and very little bait.

Fished the Gap early this morning, first couple of hours of the ebb. A couple of big clouds of bait but not much else on the sounder. Two pin poppers.(?) Crabbing decent in Caddy bay. A dozen dungies in one trap. Three hard shelled keepers.

Out today, spent the first hour working harbour mouth and green can. Didn’t mark any bait so worked our way out to the freighters of Albert head. Got into shakers, nothing to keep, got 3 nice dungies to bring home

Stayed close to home today, worked the flats for 2 1/2 hours only 1 shaker but did get 3 really nice lingcod 12lbs was about the size of them. Let them all go for a couple more months. Great to see them there, probably 20 years since I have seen that quality there

Launched outa Fleming at 9am with hopes of going out to Constance but was met by a solid chilly fog bank so stayed in off Esq. Fished100-120ft of water and got a nice hit at 10am on the herring aid double glo and a 10lber came into the boat. Fished another hr no bites so changed up to an AP needle spoon MVP and at noon it was on.. peeled me twice, smacked my thumb, a seal poped up so it was panic and reel and a scrappy 12lb red gal met the lumber, biggest in the new boat so far And can’t get the smile off my face. One more hit at 1:30 and a 5lber gal joined the others gals in the tub. This was on herring aid again. RCMP came up at 11am and we had to prove our worth, thank god the flash lite worked lol. Covid protocols so they just cruised beside us making sure we had all our safety gear.

Attachments

• F0549472-AD9B-4CCA-9634-EF2DA40735DD.jpeg
    F0549472-AD9B-4CCA-9634-EF2DA40735DD.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 165
  • D91B92A2-FB6B-4F84-93A8-82634CDEB577.jpeg
    D91B92A2-FB6B-4F84-93A8-82634CDEB577.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 169
Launched outa Fleming at 9am with hopes of going out to Constance but was met by a solid chilly fog bank so stayed in off Esq. Fished100-120ft of water and got a nice hit at 10am on the herring aid double glo and a 10lber came into the boat. Fished another hr no bites so changed up to an AP needle spoon MVP and at noon it was on.. peeled me twice, smacked my thumb, a seal poped up so it was panic and reel and a scrappy 12lb red gal met the lumber, biggest in the new boat so far And can’t get the smile off my face. One more hit at 1:30 and a 5lber gal joined the others gals in the tub. This was on herring aid again. RCMP came up at 11am and we had to prove our worth, thank god the flash lite worked lol. Covid protocols so they just cruised beside us making sure we had all our safety gear.

Did you check stomach contents ?

I am thinking they are preferring herring right now.

I plan on trying to get out for my first 2021 trip Saturday if things allow

Only the big one had a few bones in it but at 4 hrs later would there be anything left? I’ve wondered about this and my thinking was catch and clean in order to know. Our consensus was they were likely feeding on herring.

Is that an old Okie flasher?

Yes it is but but it’s just there for a size reference. I do fish that one often with a no bananas spoon but didn’t on this day. The one I was using was bright yellow with a glo stripe vertically on one side of the flasher.

This are nicely made. Have a few but not in that color. I like that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back