Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Heading to Sooke Aug6th-9th and I got screwed out of my moorage. Towing boat over but would like to keep it in the water.
Anyone know something close by Sooke Harbor Resort?
I’m heading up to Nootka and my slip will be available August 9th to 18th. I know those dates don’t align with your trip, but maybe somebody else it might work for a small cost in exchange. PM me for details.

Fished out front of Sooke today from 630 to 930 and we started at the bluffs and nothing but small -16 " springs none stop. Headed to the island and had a 10lb spring on and got it 15 ft from the boat and the hook pulled out.
Today we started out with left over anchovies from yesterday and went through them fast. Last night, I asked my fishing buddy to bring a brined 10 pack of anchovies, he even called me about the brine mix.. I opened up his bait box to re load and he had brined up 10 XL Herring. I can say they didn't fit the teaser heads. Had a good laugh.

Hey, Heading to Sooke Aug6th-9th and I got screwed out of my moorage.
Doesn't surprise me with that resort it has really gone downhill. maybe phone fishermans wharf in sooke. other then that sunny shores.

Doesn't surprise me with that resort it has really gone downhill. maybe phone fishermans wharf in sooke. other then that sunny shores.
Thanks bud just waiting to hear back from Sunny Shores. Do you know if there's a place to park truck and boat close by if all else fails. Willing to pay of course

Fished out front of Sooke today from 630 to 930 and we started at the bluffs and nothing but small -16 " springs none stop. Headed to the island and had a 10lb spring on and got it 15 ft from the boat and the hook pulled out.
Today we started out with left over anchovies from yesterday and went through them fast. Last night, I asked my fishing buddy to bring a brined 10 pack of anchovies, he even called me about the brine mix.. I opened up his bait box to re load and he had brined up 10 XL Herring. I can say they didn't fit the teaser heads. Had a good laugh.
Those kill in Vancouver. Have to really jelly them into the teaser heads beacuse the herring heads are terrible.

Thanks bud just waiting to hear back from Sunny Shores. Do you know if there's a place to park truck and boat close by if all else fails. Willing to pay of course
Sunny Shores
Tough to get out of the harbour from there, especially in the fog if you are not totally familiar with the route.

Three springs today..largest 16 pounds and lost a couple more long distance. Hit 3 trolling to Muir from Otter early on in the morning before the flood ended. Also kept 4 hatch coho and a pink. Looks like more wind coming for a couple days which sucks.

I may have something in place but won’t know until Thursday. I will keep this in mind. Thanks !! You’re proof there are still some good people out there.
that's why I try to send anyone looking for a guide in the Sooke area Wolf's way!

What a difference a day makes. The wind on Monday was very restrictive and kept us in Becher for the most part. Managed a half dozen smaller fish but no clipped Coho to take home. Contrast that to Monday morning where the fish God's offered up a beauty of a day...no wind, no fog, lots of sun and flat seas! We fished the Trap area for the most part. Kept a 10 lb Chinook and two clipped Coho. Manged a few more Coho and had to throw back a couple that looked to be 6 to 8 lbs. The fish of the day was hauled in by my buddy. We pulled it from the net and took a quick measure to approximately 90 CM. Had the camera ready and took a quick snap and got him back in the water for a fast and healthy release. The Chinooks were both caught on medium size Herring in a Bullet Roll Anchovy teaser head behind a daisy chain dummy...no flasher attached to main line. I only had 3 or 4 of the Herring, so then went to 5 inch Anchovy from Alaska. They enticed some hits but nothing big again. Ended the day with the Whales coming by just as we were about to pull up inside Becher Bay. Can't beat a day like that on our beautiful coast!

20220803_122731.jpg

20220803_122600.jpg

20220803_122508.jpg

20220803_122405.jpg

Last edited:
I may have something in place but won’t know until Thursday. I will keep this in mind. Thanks !! You’re proof there are still some good people out there.
Im just a normal person lol as normal as can be . It just sucks to hear you book something have plans and ill be honest that marina is quite bad, toxic place, HUGE moorage increase etc.
I just want people to have a good experience in sooke not a negative one.

As for a report had another great AM 3 nice fat springs 16,13,11 lbers unfortunately lots of wild coho. 2 were hatchery springs so they went into the bin to see where from . ill post pic later..
Reminder Guys and gals any fish with hatchery heads PLEASE put into the bins as it will only help our cause if those fish show up as the "Sooke net pen fish"
There was quite a few last year from the project
Good luck wolf

This morning we had a nicer ride up west for the early bite. Once at Muir I couldn't keep small springs from snapping onto my lures so quickly that for the first 45 mins I never had all 3 lines down at the same time. We managed a small 8 pound spring and then left for Otter to find less small springs. We stuck it out as the winds built and the water got a bit snotty..but managed 16, 13 and 10 pound springs, lost another and had a leader break on another. A couple hatch coho and a couple pinks topped up the keepers. Looks like tomorrow will be a wind repeat according to BWD

If things go bad let me know bud I have room on my property to store it if needed, always willing to help a SF Forum Guy
Hi
Not sure if you can help me with this. I have a 2010 16' Double Eagle on trailer that I'm looking to store over the winter months. If you have room please let me know and I'd be happy to compensate you.
Thanks very much.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back