Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished today 8-1pm out of pedder, lots of logs/debris in the water this morning, had some friends out on the boat took them to the Victoria waterfront for a few tacks just because not a sniff, back in to pedder to finish the day and the bite was hot, hooked up before getting the second rod in the water fairly consistent action all came on anchovy’s, nothing huge all 3-5lbs brought home an 8lber for dinner for me and a smaller 5ish lb for my friends.

Last edited:
Was out of pedder today . Fished around the can bouy no luck for us . Didn’t see anything of size being caught. Mostly used spoons on the bottom. Maybe next time.

Fished Aldridge for a few hours today. One keeper a few undersized and a pin popper I missed!

The tug is the drug for sure, that first fish peeling line out got me way too excited for a little guy.

Westcoast Fishing Tackle getting the job done today!

Attachments

• 6E342F33-0FE6-478E-A342-F0D7CDC35148.jpeg
    6E342F33-0FE6-478E-A342-F0D7CDC35148.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 174
Anyone been fishing for hali out of Pedder in the area straight out from Williams Head,,,,,Southeast of Race I guess.?? Was gonna head out tomorrow as the currents look to be good. Haven't seen many reports for Hali but I would think that a few guys are out trying their luck..

We did get out as planned on Saturday and were lucky enough to land a 90cm for me and a 104cm for my buddy. First one for my buddy in a looooog time. He was ready to pull the pin when I caught the first one but persistence paid off for him. Salmon belly and herring. Great day.

FN0124-RECREATIONAL - Chinook Salmon - Portions of Area 19 and 20 - Chinook Management Measures - Effective March 1, 2022

Effective 00:01 hours March 1 until 23:59 hours March 31, 2022, the daily limit for Chinook is two (2) per day. These Chinook may be hatchery-marked or unmarked between the minimum length of 45 cm, and a maximum length of 67 cm; or hatchery-marked only greater than 67 cm.

These measures apply in the following waters:

Subareas 19-1, 19-3, 19-4, and Subareas 20-4 to 20-7 (those waters near Victoria between Cadboro Point and Sombrio Point).

Variation Order: 2021-RFQ-0438

FN0124-RECREATIONAL - Chinook Salmon - Portions of Area 19 and 20 - Chinook Management Measures - Effective March 1, 2022

Effective 00:01 hours March 1 until 23:59 hours March 31, 2022, the daily limit for Chinook is two (2) per day. These Chinook may be hatchery-marked or unmarked between the minimum length of 45 cm, and a maximum length of 67 cm; or hatchery-marked only greater than 67 cm.

These measures apply in the following waters:

Subareas 19-1, 19-3, 19-4, and Subareas 20-4 to 20-7 (those waters near Victoria between Cadboro Point and Sombrio Point).

Variation Order: 2021-RFQ-0438
same as last year. The real regs come out in a couple of months

Next order will be Chinook non retention April 01- July 31
(with a little piece of Becher open earlier)
Out yesterday to see herring balls on the surface in Beecher Bay. Came home to fill out the dfo management survey. Last day for the survey today. And one option is to block off the head to the trap.

Attachments

• 7C72B4E3-EEAF-4156-965E-34BB9E126BB8.png
    7C72B4E3-EEAF-4156-965E-34BB9E126BB8.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 44
Two to the boat near the can at Pedder. Kept one clipped and released the other. Both around the 4-5 lb mark. Drifted for hali for a couple of hours but not a sniff. Spoke to the guy at the dock checking fish. He said a few were coming in with the biggest at that point around 9-10 lbs. He hadn’t seen a hali up to that point. 3:30.

Fished 9-12:30 today. Hooked 1 66cm fish in first 10 min not far far cheanuh. Then headed to whirl bay where all the boats were and released 1 small spring and a shaker. Had 3 crab traps out. About 100 female and 4 keeper males.
beauty day. Nice to get the boat out for a run after a long winter of sitting.

Snuck out about 3 pm today, got into some keepers out by Otter. One side Andrew P. herring spoon, the other white/ green squirt. Fished the bottom and it paid off, back in at dusk, three 5 lbs & one 7 lbs(64 cm). Let go about 8, lost a few, finished off with a double. Nice to fish my old stomping grounds.IMG_2723.jpeg

Finally! 1st trip out this year. Conditions were perfect for Halibut on Sunday. Calm, No wind, current and tide great. Got 1 30lb halibut first one by myself in a very long time after many many tries. Also had something big on, had it about 20 feet down then just let go. I am thinking it was a big Skate. Awesome day. Glad to be back out there.

Got out off of Pedder this morning. Hook down at 9:30am and a 100cm hali in the boat at 10am. I was solo so that was it for the day. Didn't have time to drag up a few dogfish. Very little wind but a bit of a swell to keep the rods dancing. X-large herring did the trick this morning. Lost a fender that I left hanging over the side.. Got to start locking my clove hitch I guess. All in all a good day..

Made an early trip yesterday to check out what the bait was like in sooke and hopefully get dialed in for the derby next week. Got 1 at Alldridge point in the morning and the rest at the trap. Was using 7" AP herring spoons at 90-130ft. Biggest was 13.5lbs. 7 jumbo dungies.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back