2022 Sooke Chinook Project Volunteer Dates & Time - Come and help out!

SVIAC

For those that want more info on where and when to help out here is the roster of the times and numbers of volunteers we need to complete this years Sooke Chinook Sea Pen Project. This year's project will release another 665,000 smolts from our sea pen tied up to the Sooke Harbour Resort Marina. With this year's project we will have released over 3.16 million smolts with thousands returning to the Sooke River to feed local Orcas and provide salmon for all user groups. To make this happen we have raised over $375K in the last 6 years by generous support from the community. For info on SVIAC click here: https://www.anglerscoalition.com/

The success of this project over the years would not be possible without strong support from the area residents who care about the SRKW' and the local salmon populations. As a community based project we need your help to make it happen. Please see below the times and dates that we need volunteers. Even if you can only help out in one instance please do so as we need a lot of folks to show up to make this work.

To sign up to help out please phone 778-426-4141 and we will set you up on a work team. Many thanks to all who show up!

2022 Sea Pen Roster.png

1649625670413.png

Attachments

• 2022 Sea Pen Roster.png
    2022 Sea Pen Roster.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 21
I saw this post and renewed my membership and donated; I left the island 9 months ago!!!
This is thee most influential opportunity any fisher from the North Island, inside (Vancouver), out side, or Southern Island has to increase stocks for a fishery.
I asked Chris B., about what this # of smolts released represents, against survival rate and total catch on the southern island. He said the survival rate, would cover all the take - that is all your take including @wolf @profisher even (lol) @Englishman @walleyes (on your trips out).
You own a boat, well you got a few bucks to throw at this!!!....hey these guys are creating what you desire!!!!!

Back