2022 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, there are places in the Conservation section to have these discussions. Please keep the reports threads for just that, fishing reports...even if they are sparse. It is what other members expect to see when they search the reports threads.

Thanks.

Hello Everyone, We will be in PR on Sunday for a week. We heard that nobody is selling Anchovy up there due to bad season etc. Can you confirm or recommend a store that may have some ? Trying to make a game plan as we usually fish with Anchovy....Thank you, all! Tight lines!!

Hello Everyone, We will be in PR on Sunday for a week. We heard that nobody is selling Anchovy up there due to bad season etc. Can you confirm or recommend a store that may have some ? Trying to make a game plan as we usually fish with Anchovy....Thank you, all! Tight lines!!
No anchovies anywhere in terrace or Rupert

Oscar's in Smithers had some as of last week. Could give them a call, and pick them up on the way through......depending on where you are coming from.

Oscar's in Smithers had some as of last week. Could give them a call, and pick them up on the way through......depending on where you are coming from.
Thank you!! Much appreciated. Yes, we come through Smithers and will check with them. Will also give herring a try.
Will post some report once up and running.

Thank you!! Much appreciated. Yes, we come through Smithers and will check with them. Will also give herring a try.
Will post some report once up and running.
try small herring in an altered anchovy teaser head.
I hooked my biggest ever Chinook on that set up at Dundas Island, no flasher

try small herring in an altered anchovy teaser head.
I hooked my biggest ever Chinook on that set up at Dundas Island, no flasher
Yeah, take a bait knife and heat it up with a lighter, then cut a little noch out of the bottom of the teaser so a herrign head will fit. Reccomend Bulletroll Specials with a wire for this application. Fished them naked with 7-8" herring off langara with lots of success.

Yeah, take a bait knife and heat it up with a lighter, then cut a little noch out of the bottom of the teaser so a herrign head will fit. Reccomend Bulletroll Specials with a wire for this application. Fished them naked with 7-8" herring off langara with lots of success.
Thank you FisherTim. Great piece of advise. I'm excited to try this method. Never done before as we usually fished with Anchovy rigs only.

Hey guys any reports on the fishing lately? Heading to Avery or maybe Melville hopefully Thursday morning and then some ground fish after the morning bite. Thanks!

T

Hey guys any reports on the fishing lately? Heading to Avery or maybe Melville hopefully Thursday morning and then some ground fish after the morning bite. Thanks!

T
Smaller average on the weekend 12-16 with the odd nicer fish tons of chinooks around both those areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back