2022 Gulf Island Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a bit of help if possible. I normally fish Area 19, but will be up in the 17 area on the weekend near Duck Bay, and North reef. Can anyone let me know if there is a decent spot to drop the lines? Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I am also looking into fishing around Duck Bay/North Reef. It seems there is Chinook non-retention until Oct.15, but hatchery coho is open. I don’t usually fish this area, so was wondering if it’s even worth trying for hatchery coho in these areas?

Any reports from Porlier or Salamanca with the opening today? Heading over to the cabin on Secret Island with some friends who have never fished before and might give it a go.

Any reports from Porlier or Salamanca with the opening today? Heading over to the cabin on Secret Island with some friends who have never fished before and might give it a go.
No replies. I’ll post my own report. Went out for 2 hours in the wind on Saturday inside of Galiano. One nice spring around 15lbs on bait and a couple smalls. Had the whole place to ourselves, great afternoon minus the wind.

Got out a couple times over the weekend for a couple half-hearted attempts. Fished inside Galiano near Active for less than an hour on Sat evening and got a few shakers. Sunday put in a couple hours on the way home starting near Moresby/Fairfax then over to the spit in the early afternoon. Got shakers and a couple smaller lings when I got close to structure. Didn't see anything caught. Talked to a couple boats that were experiencing the same. Fishin spoons, one deep (~100-120) one mid (60-40). Deep one picked up all the shakers, mid got nothing.

Got out a couple times over the weekend for a couple half-hearted attempts. Fished inside Galiano near Active for less than an hour on Sat evening and got a few shakers. Sunday put in a couple hours on the way home starting near Moresby/Fairfax then over to the spit in the early afternoon. Got shakers and a couple smaller lings when I got close to structure. Didn't see anything caught. Talked to a couple boats that were experiencing the same. Fishin spoons, one deep (~100-120) one mid (60-40). Deep one picked up all the shakers, mid got nothing.
Thank you for your update.

Was out Sunday from 10 - 3 at Salamanca to fish the noon slack, not a single worthy hit. Fished 30' - 120'. Dozen shakers, undersized ling was it. Brought a new friend out this go, and when I got home I found a banana peel when cleaning the boat - f%%^ing new guy snunk a Banana onboard - who does that?!

Hi all, looking for a bit of help/info. My buddy is wanting to fish in Fulford Harbour. I know there is gear restriction in that area, but is this a decent place to drop the lines?

Anyone been out lately? I’m heading out for the weekend, one last day of bottom fishing friday and then hopefully there are still some salmon around Thrasher.

Prawning has been good, but a lot of them and berried right now. 400 in 6hrs on Sunday.

Poked around Polier for a few hours this morning while traps were soaking inside. Played catch and release- 3 legal size nothing bigger then 67 ( measured in the water ) a handful of shakers and a whale show to cap it off. Tons of bait, and fish on the bait. Easy prawns, only a few berried to return to the depths. Stellar November day.

Poked around Polier for a few hours this morning while traps were soaking inside. Played catch and release- 3 legal size nothing bigger then 67 ( measured in the water ) a handful of shakers and a whale show to cap it off. Tons of bait, and fish on the bait. Easy prawns, only a few berried to return to the depths. Stellar November day.
how long is prawning open over there till?

Late report.
image000000.jpg
image000000.jpg

We fished Booth Bay yesterday and caught two. the big one was 76cm. We also caught several unders and lost two probable keepers.
165 feet on the bottom. Irish Cream Coho Killer and a pink squirt did the dammage
thumbnail

thumbnail
thumbnail

Attachments

• December fish.jpg
    December fish.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back