Fished Aldridge the past 2 days in the wind and fog. 6 pinks yesterday afternoon and 12 this morning between 9-12. 20-50ft.

Got our 8 pinks quickly this morning then headed to shore to play catch and release on some springs. Played 6 springs including a doubleheader of low 20's. Nice morning for a change, flat, warm and patchy offshore fog. Anchovies and Skinny G. Could have got our pinks as bycatch this morning and fished for springs from the start. Lots of pinks and feeder springs on the beach today.

Last edited:
On another note fishing has slowed a bit for pink not red hot like last week but these HUGE tides and full moon do not help , still getting fish , Spring on other hand are insane can hardly wait till sunday!!!!!
One thing that is very concerning lately almost everyday I see guys either being towed in or coming in on kicker , please guys for safety sake replace the fuel filters in your boat and check you engines over and fix things do some preventive matenance if you havent put new plugs,filters,cps etc etc etc . do it before you head out yes maybe the boat ran GREAT last year but sitting all year gremlins may happening. with these weird winds were are getting and not alot of people out your kinda by yourself out there. last thing we want is a boat crashing up on shore...
We have all been there. My rule is 2 of everything. I broke down on my first trip out. Stator flywheel magnets let lose. Got back on kicker. I fish Vancouver area mostly. Last time I was in Sooke I saved a guy drifting past secretary. Dead in water. He would have been on rocks for sure nobody help and i was last boat. I signal I am coming. Pulled ines got him towed him in. Watch out for one another out there! Damn gremlins. I want to make it out to fish Sooke again soon. Glad to hear pinks are getting caught. If that many then should not be 3 million. Probably 6 to 10. Sad they got attacked commercially when sockeye went down. Used to see upto 20 million.

Out again today quick limit of pinks and a few coho , even got a beauty sockeye that had to go back gggrrr so we went off possesion sec for springs, in a hour at the gap at sec, and into iron mine bay 4 sprig played and let go beside boat on spoons biggest id say was pushing 25 rest were 12 to 16. I was reflecting on how only 4 years ago we could have kept these and My self and another boat were they only ones fishing for springs, How sad this Gov as ruined a VERY stable fishery. oh and no SKW here for coming up 3 months guess they didnt get the memo these fish were for them????

Out again today quick limit of pinks and a few coho , even got a beauty sockeye that had to go back gggrrr so we went off possesion sec for springs, in a hour at the gap at sec, and into iron mine bay 4 sprig played and let go beside boat on spoons biggest id say was pushing 25 rest were 12 to 16. I was reflecting on how only 4 years ago we could have kept these and My self and another boat were they only ones fishing for springs, How sad this Gov as ruined a VERY stable fishery. oh and no SKW here for coming up 3 months guess they didnt get the memo these fish were for them????
Every time I have to release a sockeye I think I can hear my bbq crying!

Big run is Adams River south and east of slide. Plus other northern runs spawned in 2018 before slide happened.
Sockeye fever 2022. It's building.

All I can say is its insane fishing did a am and afternoon trip and full limits in no time , NOW is the time to get the kids out for some no stop action as its fast and furious, did a few tacts off possession got 2 springs in a hour teeners im thinking there is alot of springs out there as im getting them in spots I never do ...

Get a kid out fishing they are our future!!!!

Wolf

I agree with @wolf. Get any kids you know out there. I was out two days ago and the pink action was non-stop. Perfect for kids and newbies. Guaranteed fun for them. If they feel sad losing one, no fear, the next bite is 2 minutes away.

Yes insane fishing today. Started day targeting springs in retention zone in Becher Bay. Had 10-12 lb wild in first 5 min and while releasing that one other rod goes ballistic. Buddy got his knuckles dusted good then broke line. Released another about 14lb then had another screamer ending in long line release.
Moved out to Bechey head and got into pinks right away and a great battle with spring in mid 20's which was released bleeding, Hope it makes it, was beautiful fish. Pinks were everywhere out from head. Kept 7 of about 20 fish, and been many years since I got into 5 springs, 2 of which would have been keepers come Sunday.

Got out today and fished the Head in a mixed weather day. Lines were down at 7am first fish within 5 mins and the bite stayed on until we left at 2. Fished spoons with bigger replacement hooks which really worked well to keep em on. Not one fish was bleeding that came to the side of the boat. Great assortment of fish, big springs wild and hatch lots within the upcoming slot, coho and pinks were rolling and jumping easy to target. One took the spoon before I had the clip on. Fun fun fun but don’t forget your jacket, that fog n wind is nippy

Back