2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Thanks will probably hit south Bowen first
Roger Curtis produced a couple legal for me today. Only the two hits but didn't fish too long there. Was pretty lumpy. One wild red. One wild white. Both females with empty bellies. 75' and 95' on spoons with a fast troll. Tried Hutt after. Had the place to ourselves. No fishermen but also no fish. Solitude.

Roger Curtis produced a couple legal for me today. Only the two hits but didn't fish too long there. Was pretty lumpy. One wild red. One wild white. Both females with empty bellies. 75' and 95' on spoons with a fast troll. Tried Hutt after. Had the place to ourselves. No fishermen but also no fish. Solitude.

Thanks Tinny

Tons of algae and tiny jellies on the line all day. Check and pluck balls of it off your line every half hour or so

Anyone make crossing this morning? About to head out and would love a little insight. Looks like winds are dying as day goes on but curious how she's looking right now. Cheers!

Fished HITW yesterday. Verrrry quiet. Saw one guy hook up, lose fish at net. Maybe 2 or 3 fish caught there all day by the 30+ boats in my estimation. I would have fished Roger Curtis /hump but it was lumpy. Conditions seem better today for a crossing/hump day.

At thrasher now. Great conditins. Sunny flat. Fishing is ok. 2 in the box. A few undersiza and lots of hit and runs.
About 25 boats here.

slow for us at thrasher.... one baby ling.... I must be doing it wrong lol

EDIT: we ended up boxing two at 4:45. One 18# and one 7#. Two shakers and one undersized. It really picked up at the end of the day

Last edited:
Started at the bell this morning and had a sea sickness issue. Went to HITW not even a bite. Huge bait balls only seen one caught. To top it off someone decided to raid our crab traps. First time being completely skunked in a while.

Mike

Got one at QB at 100' on a hootchie. Just Northeast of the marker. Pretty decent load of prawns too.

Back