Campion 542 Bimini Question

tbeatm

Any other 542 owners have this issue?

Two pictures are where the main bimini arm connects on either side on the inside of the windshield.
Third picture is where the bimini arm is rubbing the paint away when I place it forward when not in use. Placing it the other way when not in use doesn't make much sense to me since it would be in the way.

I have been on a Double Eagle 185 where the bimini arms fit well within the windshield when not in use.

Is this just poor design or is this something incorrect with my bimini/install? I bought this boat a couple of years ago, bimini came with it, arms are not bent or curved.
(ignore the holes on either side, I removed a radar arch that came with it to fit under my carport.)

photo_2023-05-23_10-58-41.jpg photo_2023-05-23_10-58-46.jpgphoto_2023-05-23_10-58-49.jpg

Any other 542 owners have this issue?

Two pictures are where the main bimini arm connects on either side on the inside of the windshield.
Third picture is where the bimini arm is rubbing the paint away when I place it forward when not in use. Placing it the other way when not in use doesn't make much sense to me since it would be in the way.

I have been on a Double Eagle 185 where the bimini arms fit well within the windshield when not in use.

Is this just poor design or is this something incorrect with my bimini/install? I bought this boat a couple of years ago, bimini came with it, arms are not bent or curved.
(ignore the holes on either side, I removed a radar arch that came with it to fit under my carport.)

View attachment 92703 View attachment 92704View attachment 92702
Mine does the same thing. I used to take it down all the time but got tired of rubbing away those marks.

Mine does the same thing. I used to take it down all the time but got tired of rubbing away those marks.
Damn, was hoping it was something weird with mine that I could fix. Sounds like a common thing. Thanks for the info

I take my Bimini and roof off once the good weather is here. Find that the Bimini is more of a pain as it doesn’t cover the front seat or dash

Back