2016 Alberni Inlet

Vacation starts today and will be in the inlet Monday evening for the week. Staying at China Creek, chasing sox or springs, whatever we can find. I noticed the C.C. management (on the harbour authority website, want to see proof of vessel insurance. Does anyone know if they are strict on this, as I have no vessel insurance currently (old boat-got it as a gift).

Vacation starts today and will be in the inlet Monday evening for the week. Staying at China Creek, chasing sox or springs, whatever we can find. I noticed the C.C. management (on the harbour authority website, want to see proof of vessel insurance. Does anyone know if they are strict on this, as I have no vessel insurance currently (old boat-got it as a gift).

Anytime I have moored at Clutesi, I must give them a copy of my boat insurance, and it must have 2 million in liability included in the policy.

You will just need to sign a waiver.

Can anyone tell me if there is still prawning permitted in the inlet and if so how has it been?

I was out in April and it was less the stellar...

Thanks

whats the latest on alberni inlet sockeye fishing ?? Has it tailed off? IS it worth a trip from Duncan for a day fishing? Thanx in advance for any info.......C.A.....

The inlet has been jam packed with boats, as many as I have ever seen! Make sure you hit the ramps at off-peak times if you can.
Yesterday was good all day. The sockeye are big, some running into the low 7 pound range, so they are scrappier than usual.
Very short leaders are working this year. Our best yesterday was 16 1/2".
This morning was spotty at best. VHF reports support that from Nahmint to Lonetree. Lots of schools, just not biting.
It is still worth going, things can change in minutes.

Started a bit slow for us first thing then really picked up today by the narrows. Good size fish. Limit for four by 10:30. Pink hootchie with green or purple flasher at around 35-45 feet. Very very busy but lots of fun.

Thanks frango; so if I sign a waiver of liability (or something) then I won't need insurance?
I think it is a good idea to have insurance anyway but They ask you if you have insurance ,if you can't show proof they ask you to sign a waiver. Technically I would say you still need it but if you lie they are covered but I failed the Bar exam 3 times.... Lol.

Was tough sleddin this morning , we had tons of bites but getting them to the net seemed to prove a little tricky .. Still worth the trip, get there early or prepare to line up , was a line up starting at 4 am today..., big thanks to Albernifisher for taking me along on the adventure ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 73
I think it is a good idea to have insurance anyway but They ask you if you have insurance ,if you can't show proof they ask you to sign a waiver. Technically I would say you still need it but if you lie they are covered but I failed the Bar exam 3 times.... Lol.
LOL thanks frango; much appreciation.

Was tough sleddin this morning , we had tons of bites but getting them to the net seemed to prove a little tricky .. Still worth the trip, get there early or prepare to line up , was a line up starting at 4 am today..., big thanks to Albernifisher for taking me along on the adventure ...

Tough sledding for who on the boat.. :rolleyes:o_O:p:)

Back