2014 District of North Vancouver Firefighters Fishing Derby

therise

2014 District of North Vancouver Fire Fishing Derby

TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Only 1 month before the 2014 District of North Vancouver Fire Fishing Derby

When: Friday September 26th
Where: Area 28/29

Weigh in at Lions Gate Marina

Cost: $75 per person - includes T-shirt, BBQ lunch, and free boat launch from Lions Gate Marina

Tickets available at Highwater Tackle (coming soon) or by e-mailing firefishingderby@gmail.com

Last year with the help of 150 participants, we raised over $12 000 for the Seymour Salmonid Society http://www.seymoursalmon.com/index.php and Athletics for Kids http://www.a4k.ca/ 100% of proceeds are dontated to these charities!

Only 150 tickets available. Don't wait to get your tickets because they are expected to sell out fast!

If you are unable to attend, show your support by purchasing a $20 raffle ticket for over $3000 worth of prizes including fishing charters, gear, and tons of other great prizes.

Also, anyone wishing to become a sponsor or would like to donate a prize can also contact firefishingderby@gmail.com

See you out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
The cannibal crew will be attending again this year!!! Last year was a lot of fun.

Tickets are now available at Highwater Tackle

Address: 201 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2E9

Phone (604) 986-3239

Hours:

Open today · 9:30 am – 6:00 pm

Get your tickets quickly, as they are expected to sell out FAST!

Still have a few tickets left.

We just added a bunch more prizes including a Bradley smoker and a wakeboard package

Less than 10 days to go and a few tickets left.

Just out of curiosity, who from this forum will be attending?

I will be attending. A great derby. I purchased my tickets by email in the original post

Howesoounder and I will be attending, should be a ton of fun. Is there a page that outlines any details, regulations, itinerary etc?

From what I can gather, its fish areas 28, 29 and show up for the weigh in / BBQ at 2:00 at Lions Gate marina. Is that all there is to it? No meeting before hand, and any type of gear is ok, as long as it is legal?

Are people going to be on 88a? Not expecting a lot of chatter, but would like hear whats going on regardless. Didn't receive an info sheet when purchasing tix, and cant find a whole lot on the facebook page outlining prizes, categories, etc (if any).

Howesoounder and I will be attending, should be a ton of fun. Is there a page that outlines any details, regulations, itinerary etc?

From what I can gather, its fish areas 28, 29 and show up for the weigh in / BBQ at 2:00 at Lions Gate marina. Is that all there is to it? No meeting before hand, and any type of gear is ok, as long as it is legal?

Are people going to be on 88a? Not expecting a lot of chatter, but would like hear whats going on regardless. Didn't receive an info sheet when purchasing tix, and cant find a whole lot on the facebook page outlining prizes, categories, etc (if any).

Yes you are correct. No meeting before hand. All legal gear is permitted.

WHEN: Friday September 26, 2014
WHERE: Area 28/29. Weigh In and BBQ at Lions Gate Marina at 2pm

Most people were on 88a last year. The majority of people will be fishing Cap / West Van area.

We have lots of prizes including

- Yamaha motor
- Scotty Electric Downrigger
- Power Tools
- Mustang Floater Coats
- Inflatable PFD's
- Wakeboard and Bindings
- Rods / Reels Combos
- Downrigger Weights (10-18 Lb)
- Prawn Line Weights
- Crab Traps
- Prawn Traps
- First Nations Artwork
- CFL and NHL Jerseys
- Lots of Fishing Tackle
- Tons of Gift Cards
- Hunting accessories
- Lots more! We seem to get prizes donated right up to the day of the derby

The past two years, everyone has got a prize. Not only that, but we are debuting a new t-shirt design this year that was designed by a graphic artist, which is also included in the ticket price.

The BBQ will be fired up again this year for hotdogs and hamburgers. Drinks area also provided.

We still have a few tickets available. Contact Highwater Tackle if you haven't got yours yet!

Highwater Tackle LTD
Address: 201 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2E9
Phone 604 986-3239
Hours:
Open today · 9:30 am – 6:00 pm

The Boy & I are in again this year. Great Derby. The Boy still ecstatic about the prize he won last year.
He's in public school, today his first day back, Friday his first 'sick' day...

they should name this derby the "Capilano River Mouth Derby"...

Except for the super secret location eh FM?
I am away or would love to be a part of this one, sounds like a great time... Next year for sure.
Good luck

Me and Angelina Summer will be in the derby. Took 5th place last year; going for the win this year!;) It's for a good cause, still some tickets left guys get out there.

cheers

Tomorrow is the day! Hope to see everyone out!

A few tickets are still left at Highwater tackle. Get there today before noon, at none will be sold after that.

Back