2013 French Creek Salmon Derby Aug 23-25

Will be posting a pic of the leader board later this evening. Leader board didnt change today at all. Yesterday was the big day. It was a great derby! Top 2 fish were caught right out front. 328 tickets sold. Not sure about derby proceeds but over $900 came from the save on foods bbq tent alone! (Thx save-on!). About 140 fish were weighed in with about 70% chinooks.

Last edited by a moderator:
leaderboard pic

leader baord.jpg
final results for 2013 derby.

Still working on getting all of the final stats together. Stay tuned :)

Thanks to all the participants and sponsors.

M

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we're never gonna find out what they caught them on......what time of day........how deep in "x" amount of water etc......

I guess we're never gonna find out what they caught them on......what time of day........how deep in "x" amount of water etc......

We caught 4 Chinooks for the derby. Early mornings at the Little ''Q'' worked best for us. The 3.5'' hot pink TKO was the ticket. Shorter leader-36'' at 60' in shallow 60-90' of water. The 2 largest fish were caught right out front! Overall the fishing was excellent. From what I could see, everyone fished fairly well with each other in the tight quarters at the river. I hope we can get more people out next year.

Western Star

Final numbers are in...

Hey everyone, Wow, this was a great event. The fishing and turnout was excellent. Total ticket sales were 328, up 108 from last years total of 220. 162 fish were weighed in over the weekend with 74 coming in on Saturday. The 2 big fish (44.4 & 40.8 lb.) were caught right out front, close by the harbour! There were LOTS of fish in the 20 lb range. The total money raised for the Marion Baker Fish Hatchery on French Creek will be around $2500.00. Thank you to all the businesses who donated generously - The prize tables were amazing! Special thanks to Russ, Shauneen, Pete, Margaret, Ron & Glenda, and the other volunteers who helped make this event such a huge success. See you next year.

Western Star

4th place fish.jpg
Southern Star's 28.9lb Chinook

derby bbq.jpg
Awards Ceremony

Back