2013 District of North Vancouver Fire Fishing Derby

therise

Only 1 month before the 2013 District of North Vancouver Fire Fishing Derby

When: Friday September 27th
Where: Area 28/29

Weigh in at Lions Gate Marina at 3pm

Cost: $60 per person - includes T-shirt, BBQ lunch, and free boat launch from Lions Gate Marina

Tickets available at Highwater Tackle, Berrys Bait (coming soon) or by e-mailing firefishingderby@gmail.com

Last year with the help of 120 participants, we raised over $10 000 for the Seymour Salmonid Society http://www.seymoursalmon.com/index.php and Athletics for Kids http://www.a4k.ca/ 100% of proceeds are dontated to these charities!

Only 130 tickets available. Don't wait to get your tickets because they are expected to sell out fast!

If you are unable to attend, show your support by purchasing a $20 raffle ticket for over $3000 worth of prizes including fishing charters, gear, and tons of other great prizes.

Also, anyone wishing to become a sponsor or would like to donate a prize can also contact firefishingderby@gmail.com

See you out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
The cannibal crew will be attending. We picked up our tickets today at highwater tackle. Looking forward to our first derby with 5 month old son, wife and fishing partner Kevin. Should be a good time.

Cannibal chris

Only a couple weeks to go! If you haven't got your tickets yet, do so ASAP. At this rate, they will be sold out well before the event date!

What time does the derby start and what time is the marina open at?

Thanks
Chris

Wow, only 9 days to go. Just thought I would give everyone a few sneak preview of our derby prizes, raffle draws and silent auction items , which include
- Yamaha Motor
- Scotty Downrigger
- Islander Reel
- Multiple Fishing Charters
- Signed Robert Bateman Print
- Vacation Package
- Team Canada Authentic Hockey Jerseys
- Custom Arcteryx Jacket ($700 value:eek: )
- BBQ
- Walkeboard
- Tons of Fishing Gear!

For those attending, dont forget about the raffle tickets and our world famous silent auction!

If you havent gotten your ticekts yet, limited quantities are still available at Highwater Tackle or by e-mailing firefishingderby@gmail.com

We just signed up a boat of 4 people and will be attending / supporting this derby. My first time in this one. Looking forward to it. Going to be fishing out of my buddy's 18 tinny so nice weather would be appreciated.

Tincan,

Last year our smallest was a 10 foot cartopper, who took 4th place.

Our biggest was a 50 ft sailboat!

A huge thank you goes out to fellow forum member CCB who has very generously donated some of his famous cannonballs as well as several other weights and jigs.

Not only is his product top quality, but he is also a generous supporter of salmon enhancement and children's charities. Next time you need cannonballs, he is the man to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be a place to moor for an hour or so at the end of the day (not familiar with this marina), or should I trailer my boat to this event?

Angelina Summer - Yes there is moorage space available, but it is limited. It is on a first come- first serve basis.

We had 120 participants last year with no issues of moorage at weigh in. As with any derby, just be prepared to raft to another boat with extra bumpers if needed.

Back