2008 weldcraft Maverick 240 DV

That is the side height from chine to top of gunnel. I'm sure the inside deck to gunnel height is still more than adequate for those that freak out out about that sort of thing;). Probaly more than FA's Silver Streak.

That model is non self bailing so it will be quite deep.

You think they would be more then mine? Wow they don't look it in the picture.

I did say "really nice boat"..... I have reasons to knock it though. Maybe it's just the pictures. Now remember this is not a members boat so let me just say this.

In the pictures it does not really look like a Deep V and the gunnels don't look that deep. Oh and it's Red...

You think they would be more then mine? Wow they don't look it in the picture.

I did say "really nice boat"..... I have reasons to knock it though. Maybe it's just the pictures. Now remember this is not a members boat so let me just say this.

In the pictures it does not really look like a Deep V and the gunnels don't look that deep. Oh and it's Red...

Ha ha. I knew you would bite Owen. Thanks buddy for I was just trolling for a Boxing day bite and you bit. Once a fisherman always a fisherman..........even on the internet;). Heading out tomorrow for prawns and winter springs.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
:D:D

Ya the red was definitively a minus for me too. Id buy it just for the 350 to switch my pain in the arse I/O with.hehehe

cheers

That boat has an 18 degree deadrise at the transom. Not exactly a deep V but not as flat as my Weldcraft Renegade that has an inboard jet.
I think it would be a tad cone jarring out at 7 Mile Bank on a lumpy day.
My boat is brutal when I take it out there,but its a riverboat most days of its life.I just can't afford two boats so have to make do with what I have..
You get some funny looks on the ferry and guys ask what happened to the prop...

That boat has an 18 degree deadrise at the transom. Not exactly a deep V but not as flat as my Weldcraft Renegade that has an inboard jet.
I think it would be a tad cone jarring out at 7 Mile Bank on a lumpy day.
My boat is brutal when I take it out there,but its a riverboat most days of its life.I just can't afford two boats so have to make do with what I have..
You get some funny looks on the ferry and guys ask what happened to the prop...

18 degrees is lot's if you travel at speeds for the conditions. My boat has less than 18 degree deadrise at the stern with a delta planing pad to boot. I have zero complaint's with the way she handles the ride offshore and is rock solid while fishing (very stable with minimal roll). I have seen lot's of river boat's out there on nicer day's and might of seen you out there in the past abby!. Why the hell not. They run jet's in the ocean alot in Australia and New Zealand. Our brother's down South run them all the time offshore. Suspension seats help alot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never owned a weldcraft before but I have been in them and the fit and finish was very good. That boat may not look like it in the pic but it will be a pretty big and deep boat and if your not 6 feet tall i would bet you would have a hard time taking a leek off the sides. If I was looking for another alum cookie cutter boat weldcraft would be on the short list forsure!!! I don't really love the red colour but if your saving enough Green then I guess a guy could live with the red!!!

jac

the weldcraft sold for 41K thats a steal I bet the motor was 25K!!!

Wow! you betcha that's a steal. I wonder how fast that baby goes with that 350? I'm going to guess around 60 mph. A 21 foot North River Seahawk (similar boat with canvas) will do around 55 mph with a single 250.

Back