2000 dollars towards charity

Viggo

Hello people, I am currently working on a philanthropic project through UWC Pearson College where my team has been given 2500 CAD to be donated to a CRA registered organisation/project within the greater Victoria area. We are looking for an organisation or charity that is somehow working towards restoring our nearby waterways and ocean. A smaller organisation would be preferable as they would receive greater benefit from such a donation. Any work concerning salmon or other restoration in marine ecosystems is of particular interest. Please respond with any ideas for organisations or people we can reach out to.

Kind regards,
Viggo Henelius

Hello people, I am currently working on a philanthropic project through UWC Pearson College where my team has been given 2500 CAD to be donated to a CRA registered organisation/project within the greater Victoria area. We are looking for an organisation or charity that is somehow working towards restoring our nearby waterways and ocean. A smaller organisation would be preferable as they would receive greater benefit from such a donation. Any work concerning salmon or other restoration in marine ecosystems is of particular interest. Please respond with any ideas for organisations or people we can reach out to.

Kind regards,
Viggo Henelius
This organization is a driver in restoration, conservation, and education

I second Bruce with peninsula streams. I have volunteered on a few of their projects on my local creek. Very well run group with actual scientists and biologists using their knowledge to bring our local streams back to producing wild fish. The money certainly won't be wasted going to peninsula streams.

Darin

I have had the Peninsula Stream Society at my place working on the creek on my back yard. They are first class people and very passionate in what they do. They would certainly use the donation money in the right places.

One of best achieving salmon enhancement projects on the South Island , is the coho project operated by the Mill Bay and District Conservation Society on Shawnigan Creek. The project is completely run by a volunteer base. They have an outstanding record over the last number of years of increasing the run size of this 100 per cent man made run. This project also supplies Goldstream Hatchery and Shawnigan Lake School's hatchery with coho brood stock on a yearly basis, which in turn supplies offspring to quite a number of waterways and projects within the Greater Victoria area. It is a very labor intensive project that is always looking for funding. Please visit their website at mbdcs.ca for more insight into the project.

Back