2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the hookers and blow days in the patch at these prices.

western Canadian select almost at 100 bucks

Yeah, and it's officially still winter! Will be an interesting road-trip season this year. We'll see what DFO decides for our spring and sumemr but I don't think that I'll be crossing the straight for day trips if it's only open for lings.

Back to the hookers and blow days in the patch at these prices.

western Canadian select almost at 100 bucks
It’s actually not that crazy busy. It’s steady enough but not like it was. The industry is ran a little different these days. Investors are more concerned with sustainability than they are about growth. Show me how you can keep going when it’s $40 rather than how fast you can spend money when it’s $100. Hopefully it’s holds and we can see some moderation this time around. Couple that with the fact we are just to efficient at what we do now we don’t need the equipment nor the people to get the same production we did 10 - 15 years ago. Its a different world now days and we have adjusted for the better I hope.

I have a couple of friends leaving for jobs in the patch going out for 30 days at a time. Left there jobs here making good money as electricians to work on a rig.

I know what your saying tho, debt repayment seems to be a priority and proving shareholders with returns rather than Cap ex.

And also I might add..

I’ve been 38 years this summer in the “patch” in particular on the drilling rigs. I have never done any blow, never had a hooker. Been married to the same girl for 35 years with 3 grown well adjusted children. The “patch“ is full of people as myself, the vast majority to be honest. The stereotype gets old to be honest with you.

And also I might add..

I’ve been 38 years this summer in the “patch” in particular on the drilling rigs. I have never done any blow, never had a hooker. Been married to the same girl for 35 years with 3 grown well adjusted children. The “patch“ is full of people as myself, the vast majority to be honest. The stereotype gets old to be honest with you.

I was up there for a bit. I had a guy tell me that i needed to form an exit plan. Save up for something and then get out. That's what i did too got a down payment for my first house and left.

Guys in camp were telling me story's how there wives left them. One guy said he came home one day and his wife had left and sold off all his toys in the time he was gone. Another guy created a tree topping business on the side only to have his partner clean out the business while he was gone. Even tho i was in a no alcohol.Drug camp with security the ditches to and from camp were lined with beer cans. My first boss when i was up there would come back after after his days off and be shakening, slamming doors and lashing racist slurs at people for a few days while he detoxed. Always talk about how the taking "the purple drink" would get you passed the drug test. He got fired after 3 months but the supervisors tried to hid it till they basically couldn't. This was back in 2011 and not on a rig.

No doubt I'm thankful for the opportunity and there was great people up there but i wouldn't of survived.

Sounds like an unfortunate experience for sure. In all my years being out here I can’t say as I’ve ever seen it to the extent you have.

I’m sure these stories could be told about every industry out there where people are congregated together for long periods of time. I’m sure it’s not isolated to the “patch”. Not sure where all the local pubs and neighborhood drug dealers make their money if these same issue aren’t prevalent throughout our society and neighbourhoods. How many guys on your street are divorced, how many of them have drug issues, probably a lot. But easy to nail down one industry and group, certainly fits the narrative that’s for sure.

But any hoo back on topic. Yup fuel is sure expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back