2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ENGO Lib government has sold this country a lie. Carbon tax will not help Canada transition towards alternative fuels for vehicles, and will do nothing meaningful for climate change. Carbon tax on fuel is only serving to drive up inflation. Even if Canada wanted to change, there isn't the electrical capacity nor are there enough electric vehicles available to purchase. A pipe dream. What we really needed was a transformation, not an artificially induced crisis.

Drop the carbon tax, and replace it with a tax on Chinese imports unless they can certify their products were manufactured sustainably and that China is actually making strides to curb carbon pollution. China is a significant carbon polluter, and by allowing their cheap imports into our country without a Carbon tax is doing nothing to shift the largest carbon polluter. Motivate change through economic influence. Chinese production is propped up by lower environmental protection costs than Canadian manufacturers are forced to comply with. Let's level the playing field.

Dump the carbon tax on fuel, and let Canadian business compete with Chinese imports on a more level playing field. We might actually create more wealth and jobs here at home.
sea run for president.. of something! well put.

We are being either taxed to death, screwed by big oil, or both. Looking today down in US, average cost per gallon is $4.47 USD - translated to good old Candu bucks = $5.83 CAD. US Gallon is 3.8 litres - converts to $1.53/litre CAD....Looked today at price of fuel on gas buddy, and locally on the island it is $2.16 (rounded up the .01)....or a price per litre difference of $0.63/litre. HMMM. Lucy we have a problem!

Taking filling my boat tank as an example the difference if I filled in the US vs here works out at $1.53/l to be $630.36 or a savings of $183.64 or about a half case of Anchovies.

Big oil doesn’t set the price of oil boys, it’s sold on the open market, and keep in mind very few oil companies own refineries. We are all intelligent people here, next time you drive by a refinery take a good look at the equipment there now imagine how many people it takes to run that operation. All well paying jobs. Refining is not cheap, there’s not a lot of profit margin there. Again not feeling sorry for anyone here but, it’s not all gravy for the oil companies nor the refineries. Most money oil companies are making now is going to pay dept, or being paid out to share holders in dividends which they demand or walk or it’s being put back in the ground to produce more. Which in turn should bring the price down. Do you guys have any idea how many people it takes for us to get a bbl of oil out of the ground, the amount of equipment it takes and the cost of that equipment. In turn every time the price goes up like this everyone wants their piece of the pie and rightly so. But that in turn drives up our costs and fast. All this stuff we run out here is being hit by inflated inflation. Our exploration coast have went up 30% in less than a year, our AFE’s are shot before we are even half done a project. But with our current governments in power making it very difficult to move that product they are scared to get too carried away exploring and getting more production on line. It’s all about sustainability now days not growth. I honestly think the days of $50 oil are over, for many many years anyways. We are going to have too get used to it.

I might get my Mother In Law to whip out the status card and fill up a tidy tank for me every couple weeks lol. It certainly would be worth the 45 minute drive to go see them.
I would need to save thousands of $ to go see my mother in law every couple of weeks

Rinse and repeat.

"Got to wonder how this is going to affect boating and boats for sale. All those folks that bought boats at inflated prices during Covid might start rethinking their purchase."

The above quote is from the OP's first post on this topic.
It is related to fishing and boating, so aligns with this fishing forum.

Please keep this thread on the track it was intended to be on.

Rinse and repeat.

"Got to wonder how this is going to affect boating and boats for sale. All those folks that bought boats at inflated prices during Covid might start rethinking their purchase."

The above quote is from the OP's first post on this topic. It is related to fishing and boating, so aligns with this fishing forum.

Please keep this thread on the track it was intended to be on.
Thanks for trying to keep this on track! :)

I think we should all be ready to pay over 3.00 liter. My prediction is full scale conflict with Finland which will suck the west into war with Russia. The stage is already set, and matter of time. No way Russia is going let them join NATO with 12 hr drive to Moscow.

As far as my boat/truck it is what it is. Will it bring boat prices down. It might on higher end. On mid end I would say they would stay the same or even higher. As gas price increases the demand for smaller boats/trucks with rise. That also mean all of fishing related/boating supplies will rise with it.

Seeing a rise in price in boats under 21’ here already. Also seeing drop in price in over 21’. Okanagan valley

Seeing a rise in price in boats under 21’ here already. Also seeing drop in price in over 21’. Okanagan valley
I can't imagine what gas prices will be like on the lake this summer.
Which is kind of why I started this thread. I think we may see a lot more boats for sale once people fill up for the first time. Housing market is cooling, interest rates are up, and stocks are falling. We will see I guess

I can't imagine what gas prices will be like on the lake this summer.
Which is kind of why I started this thread. I think we may see a lot more boats for sale once people fill up for the first time. Housing market is cooling, interest rates are up, and stocks are falling. We will see I guess

Ha! One of my favourite sayings, although I say it in Spanish, veremos.

Up to $ 219.9 in Port today...
:DontgoThere

I think there is so much pent up covid demand it won't matter this year

Its always 10 times cheaper to buy sockeye of the commercial guys but if it opens i'm still going to go out

Last edited:
What are the chances prices will come down after the may long? I might have to get a fish finder the dingy!
Lol not much if any, not enough to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back