2 New Hardy Longstone Reels for sale

activepass

I have a 2 new, still in the box, Hardy Longstone 4.5 inch mooching reel (the anodized BLUE model) for sale for $390/each and $10 to ship one (or $20 for both) via Canada Post Expedited Parcel insured throughout BC. I am in Nanaimo. Farther afield - contact me by email at longstone@shaw.ca

These were my spare backup and unspooled reels from my The Longstone charter boat www.abcharters.com/boat_gear.htm -

Spooled Blue Longstone

traveller_mainpic.jpg

1.jpg

I might be interested if the price was lower then what I can get them for at Trotac. You gotta realize, like a vehicle once they leave the store they have lossed value.

Do the math - Trotac $350 X 1.13 taxes = $395.50

Mine are less expensive and if a pair will sell for $375 each no taxes as taxes have been paid already by me. Hard to beat!

The boys at trotac will beat that price for sure sorry.

Wolf

quote:Originally posted by wolf

The boys at trotac will beat that price for sure sorry.

Wolf
No, Trotac won't beat that price with PST and GST. I called to establish their price to be sure I can beat their price by a lot.

I have reduced the Blue Longstones to $350 each no taxes. Advise of interest.

Depends on who you talk too down there ave joe blow phoning in you wont get a deal but if you go down there and ask for one I am more than sure you will.
You have been trying to sell these things for almost 4 months now still think your asking way too much!!!!!

Wolf

What's the deal with these reels? Are they blessed or something? I can get 330 penn GTI's for under $100/each. What purpose is there to spend so much on a reel in the first place? What makes these reels so special?

They're good reels. I have one from the 1970's that's been to hell and back and it's still awesome. They're simple in design but very skookum. The weird thing is that they have a set screw on the drag that often gets stripped as it's left hand thread. A local Vic shop will charge you 16 bucks for that screw, if you write to Hardy, sometimes they will send you a new one for free.

One thing about them, the Islanders are awesome and there are other good reels on the market as well but nuthin sings like a Longstone with a Spring rippin line off. [8D]

My only other knock on them is the handles are round and smooth, sometimes hard to hold onto when you're having to reel in fast and the handles are wet. I much prefer the handles on the MR2's but I would purchase another one in a heartbeat. I love mine!!

bump - I now have 4 available at $350 each
quote:Originally posted by activepass

I have a 2 new, still in the box, Hardy Longstone 4.5 inch mooching reel (the anodized BLUE model) for sale for $390/each and $10 to ship one (or $20 for both) via Canada Post Expedited Parcel insured throughout BC. I am in Nanaimo. Farther afield - contact me by email at longstone@shaw.ca

These were my spare backup and unspooled reels from my The Longstone charter boat www.abcharters.com/boat_gear.htm -

Spooled Blue Longstone

traveller_mainpic.jpg

1.jpg

Tukli, you may be reaching a bit as his original'For Sale' and modified one 6 months later are 7.5-8 years old.

Back