1974 glas-ply gauranteed rot or maybe OK?

Had the 1975 19' Glasply from Seattle called "sweet Gloria" surveyed last week. It's the boat I started this thread about. Respected surveyor did the job while I stayed up in Canada.
Pictures from ad were older when she looked nicer, ad was totally written up to make her sound like a gem. Turns out to be a project boat. They listed for $5500. I'm not interested because of the "metric butt ton of time" (love that line haha) required to make it awesome. Main issue for me was soft spot in floor, and moisture readings in transom and engine stringers. There were some other things too...
Survey cost $250, which is prob what I would have paid to get down there and see it myself, and the guy did an excellent job. Consider it money well spent. Still think it would make an awesome pod project for someone...
Happy to send survey for free to any member interested if they repost ad on craigslist. Ad was removed day of survey? Weird cause I never gave them money for a deposit or anything...
Wife delighted its off the table for us! :)

Original post listed it $5500. I surveyed it and turned it down (survey lists fair market value $3700), so they jack it to $8500 after they realize engine install by previous owner was 5k. No maintenance done at all...
Gotta admire their swagger ...lol

Back