18.5 double eagle price?

GeraldR

Hi there, wanting to get some feedback on pricing for selling this podded 18.5 double eagle I am considering selling. Put together for fishing and prawning but I am just not using much. kids are more into water sports than fishing too so thinking about letting it go.
Super solid floors and transom was supposedly stored inside it’s whole life, stringers I haven’t actually looked at, but for the purpose of ball-parking we’ll say they’re good.

140 Suzuki with 380 hours (2004?) 20 hours on new oil, plugs, filters, leg oil and impeller/housing and new prop
Good running Honda kicker
2 Scotty electric downriggers
1 line hauler prawn puller and 2 traps and 300 ft line
Full canvas enclosure, seams need to be redeem in a couple of places
Dual batteries and storage under rear seat
Like new sleeper seats
Anchor / line and lots of chain
No electronics
Not the prettiest but very solid.
Would 24k be out to lunch as a starting point?

945230E8-4993-424E-95C4-987DFFFF864F.jpegC4B09A74-B0E1-4022-BC39-4A01F689E4BD.jpeg0115F12B-5443-4987-B4CA-A8A444DAF862.jpeg9A403286-0711-438F-B99E-A8F4772E68F4.jpeg

cleaning it might help you get more, the back deck looks like its been left out in the rain

I don't think that's an 185 Double Eagle. No cuddy which I thought was standard. Mine is a 98 and looks far different. Maybe double check your records? Asking price is too much. Been following 185's for sale fairly closely for about 5 years now (bought mine in 2019). Lots of open holes, looks like it was put away wet often, if it's an 185, does the trailer have brakes? I think it’s a 17’ DE, and based on condition, I’d say 14-16K.

I also think it is a 17' although I have not seen one quite like it. (I own a 17.5). Looks like a project. If it checks out as solid and motors check out, I would guess in the 15K range also. I would take the kicker off and sell separately. I don't think it is adding value and a 5 horse is under powered. Clean it up real pretty and good luck with your sale.

It's an 18 for sure,they never made a 17 like that. As "Spring Velocity" says,just an old version.

Yep. 17ft never had that raised edge around bow. That was sort of the giveaway. I see these sometimes on marketplace. This is pretty old probably pre 80 vintage.

6 months ago your 24 wasn’t far off, but the season is ending and interest rates rising etc puts it in the mid teens

Has same side windows as my 175. If it’s 18 it would have a bit more beam and converted inboard should be roomy for size. Would be a cool referb.

Even with the Covid tax last summer, it wouldn't be close to sniffing 24K. Give it a good clean, tidy it up, etc, you'll find a buyer for about 10k less than you're thinking.

Back