16.5 Double Eagle replacement windshield gasket

pchrisw

Hi Everyone,

First time posting.
I am restoring/fishing my 1970's 16.5 Double Eagle in Courtenay BC.
The windshield gasket is shrunken and pulling away from the frame and glass so I would like to replace it before having the canvas done. The trouble is I cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where I might look or who may have some ? I need about 20'.

PS - I love this little boat. It's easy to handle, catches fish, and is stable for its size.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2667.jpg
    IMG_2667.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2670.jpg
    IMG_2670.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 1.02.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 1.02.22 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3066.jpg
    IMG_3066.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3065.jpg
    IMG_3065.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Have you tried calling Double Eagle directly to see if they can help you out? I believe @ Corey_lax on here is a glazier and has helped out a couple people with advise, if he doesn't chime in here maybe send him a message. Great boat by the way

Following this thread
I also have a DE with window leak issues
In the process of restoring the boat
Was thinking of replacing with larger windows
Anyone know where to buy new window frame material, glass and gasket material
Thanks

Have you tried calling Double Eagle directly to see if they can help you out? I believe @ Corey_lax on here is a glazier and has helped out a couple people with advise, if he doesn't chime in here maybe send him a message. Great boat by the way
I have tried them and left a message but got no response. I will try them again if the AJR stuff wont fit.
Thanks

I have tried them and left a message but got no response. I will try them again if the AJR stuff wont fit.
Thanks
Email them. I tried calling them a bunch recently but got no returned call. It’ll take them a week or so to respond to your email if at all.

Wondering if you were able to find a supplier for the windshield gasket? I need to do this on my boat as well, the gasket seems to shrink over time.

Thanks

Wondering if you were able to find a supplier for the windshield gasket? I need to do this on my boat as well, the gasket seems to shrink over time.

Thanks
I have been in contact with AJR Marine windows. They are sending me a sample of a gasket that looks like it will work.
Double Eagle emailed me back and recommended AJR so it looks like I am on the right track.
I will post the results when I know.

I have been in contact with AJR Marine windows. They are sending me a sample of a gasket that looks like it will work.
Double Eagle emailed me back and recommended AJR so it looks like I am on the right track.
I will post the results when I know.
Ok thanks for that. I will email them as well!

Cheers

A few years ago, my 18.6 DE had a window "issue". Van isle glass in Vic had books of windows and gaskets, found one very reasonable and used. They also got me exact size, angled and thickness for glass replacement. Still working today.

HM

Back