1/2 Day Charter

marcofisher

Hi,

My son (from Toronto)wants to take me for fishing charter July 19 or 20th (as a post Fathers day treat) and the question is whether we are better off using a Port Alberni or Ucluelet based captain...goal is to catch fish and also have a memorable experience. Many thanks for your input!!

Family outing with Fish Myster few years back.
All of us seasick the whole trip, caught a few small salmon.
Our skipper blunt and rude, can’t recall the name. In his late 40’s. Maybe 5’9”.
Haven’t commented about this till now but see the recommedation, so might as well provide the counterpoint.
The previous day when booking no preparation advice, even knowing conditions wouldn’t be good for green newbies. I guess money first, consideration second.

Family outing with Fish Myster few years back.
All of us seasick the whole trip, caught a few small salmon.
Our skipper blunt and rude, can’t recall the name. In his late 40’s. Maybe 5’9”.
Haven’t commented about this till now but see the recommedation, so might as well provide the counterpoint.
The previous day when booking no preparation advice, even knowing conditions wouldn’t be good for green newbies. I guess money first, consideration second.
might have been one of his hired guns. I have personally fished with Kenny and it doesn't sound like something he would do.

Is that the Kenny Myers that used to guide for David Murphy, years ago on the Stamp? I have a feeling that it is because I ran into him at the dock in Ucluelet. He guided us on the upper Stamp for Steelies, one of the best days for Steelhead I ever had, between me and my Buddy got into over 20 fish, we were on the river from dawn to dark. He was a excellent guide.

Back