Yamaha Performance tuning .... are there any options

I purchased my Kingfisher 2025 Discovery as a hold over boat so picking the power was not an option for me. If I was able to chose I would have put the max on for sure.

The motor that’s on the boat is a F175, I have a kicker and then an 84 gallon fuel tank.

I’ve tried 3 different props.
14 1/4 x 18 pitch - 3 blade stainless
14 5/8 x 16 pitch - 4 blade stainless
15 x 15 pitch - 4 blade stainless

None of which put me up at my max RPM when I’m full of fuel and livewell full so I’m still on a mission to find a different prop..... I feel like I’m going to end with a 14 1/4 x 15 pitch 3 blade when I’m all said and done. With an empty livewell and 1/2 a tank of fuel the boat does great !

In the meantime I was just want to start exploring some tuning options if there are any.

In my reading the F175 and the F200 are speced nearly the same with the exception of fuel grade (F175 =87 octane and F200 = 89 octane) so I wonder if there is just a couple degrees of timing difference between the two ??

Either way if you guys know some performance people please let me know, I’m not looking for 100hp but another little bit might be nice !

Thanks

the rpm if perfect. not sure what you are looking for? 5000-6000 is the max rpm according to Yamaha

the rpm if perfect. not sure what you are looking for? 5000-6000 is the max rpm according to Yamaha

Honestly I was hoping to have about 5800-5900 with 2 people full of fuel etc and then when we put load up with the friends and there is 5 adults it will drop to about 5300.

That was the goal.

Pretty sure Simon motorsports tunes Yamaha PCM's.

Also I'd say try a 17P stainless 3 blade such as a SWS or an enertia. See if you can borrow one.

I have a f200 v6 and my top out rpm is 5400 with a 19pitch. Works great. I have a smaller pitch prop that goes to 5800rpm but it burns way too much gas when cruising at 4300rpm. It was surprising the difference between them. Striking a balance of top end and fuel economy can be tricky, unless you don't care about fuel consumption. I can almost never run it north of 5000rpm due to ocean conditions but on lakes I guess it would make sense to get max speed performance.

I have a f200 v6 and my top out rpm is 5400 with a 19pitch. Works great. I have a smaller pitch prop that goes to 5800rpm but it burns way too much gas when cruising at 4300rpm. It was surprising the difference between them. Striking a balance of top end and fuel economy can be tricky, unless you don't care about fuel consumption. I can almost never run it north of 5000rpm due to ocean conditions but on lakes I guess it would make sense to get max speed performance.

Yeah on the ocean I typically cruis at 4300 RPM, that’s with the 18 pitch prop. I just was hoping for a little more jam or when the boat is loaded heavy.

What pitch is the prop that takes you to 5800 ?

The 5800 believe it or not is also a 19P but it is a smaller diameter and it is one of those crazy 5 blade Mercury High Five props. Came with the boat, i certainly would not have bought that. As there are more of them the petals are small and have less surface area per blade, and i think that is why it has to rev higher to get the same speed as the other one which is just a regular Yamaha 3 Blade Stainless prop. I cant remember the diameter off hand but i can check tonight.

Back