Winter boat projects

I planned on a built in tackle storage system. Was going to build a nylon shelf thing to fit in hole cut already in hull but there wasn't enough room. Settled on this, kinda ugly but I think it will workimage.jpg

Very clean wiring job Casper!

I guess electrical work is the flavor of the day, doing some myself six more months to finalize :eek:

cleaning up the dash etc not much of a green carpet fan

Thank god I'm not the only one with a snakes pit for wiring under the dash lol. The green carpet was different. Looks good with out it. I bet it kept stuff from sliding around though eh? I have not seen shot's of the inside of your gal before just exterior shots. What kind of heater you got going on there?. I see the vents on the dash.

Looks good.

Cheers,
John

Thank god I'm not the only one with a snakes pit for wiring under the dash lol. The green carpet was different. Looks good with out it. I bet it kept stuff from sliding around though eh? I have not seen shot's of the inside of your gal before just exterior shots. What kind of heater you got going on there?. I see the vents on the dash.

Looks good.

Cheers,
John

She used to be a working boat for the sheriffs dept. and most likely repairs/maintenance on it were done by an auto mechanic. Lots of butt splices, negative wires connected to the hull, unnecessary long wires etc. I've been at it for about a week now, ripping and redoing but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel LOL.

Dash won't stay bare just for the reasons mentioned: things sliding around, noise and likely condensation ( you know how cold those aluminum boats get :p)

As for the heater not much to it, hot water coil and a fan off the I/O, should be replaced by a diesel when the right deal shows up (read Free:eek:)

"After" pics should come soon, only if the weather would cooperate... rain starts as soon as I get home after work, Sculpins shed would be nice

cheers

Thanks for the info. Appreciate the feed back. Us alloy owners need to stick together lol. I look forward to the progress man. Post up some pic's when you can.

Cheers,
John

Just a update. Just finished install of new panel and switch.

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 373
Nice looking install..real tidy switch panel.. I have to do something like this to rectify my rats nest :) the previous owner decided it was a good idea to have a separate power and ground running to the battery for most everything..i have installed a new battery switch but am un decided what to do next.

She used to be a working boat for the sheriffs dept. and most likely repairs/maintenance on it were done by an auto mechanic. Lots of butt splices, negative wires connected to the hull,
grounding to the hull?!?! Yeah that's good for aluminum boats. Yikes. That'll kill a tin boat faster than anything other than no zincs.

Finally finished. Here are some before and after shots. After doing the rebuild two years ago all that was left was the original wiring which was a disaster and I am sure I added to it. Couldn't take looking at it any longer, it gave me a rash!!

Attachments

• DSC01192.jpg
    DSC01192.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC01193.jpg
    DSC01193.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC01261.jpg
    DSC01261.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC01262.jpg
    DSC01262.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 250
Nice and clean now Dave... Let's get some blood on the floor.gotta have some fun after the stress of the course..

You got that right!! Doing the re-wire job was a bit of stress reliever, good way to take the mind off all of that stuff! Looking forward to Bamfield and the "Beam" in June. Hopefully we will cross paths.

Dave

IMG_0144.JPG Not really a project but felt like bumping this thread back up as we head into winter...

We had the main throw a overheat warning last time out so did a complete cooling system service on the weekend. Fishinsolo stoped by and loaned a hand to drop the lower unit and service the water pump (thanks Chuck). We also replaced the popet valve and thermostat. I found wood chips in both the thermostat and popet valve. Who knows how it got there lol. I did a reverse flush through the thermostat to remove any other debris that might have been in there. Anyways all is good now and waiting for some nicer weather to get after some winter springs.

i will get as much as i need for a 24knt cruise with the best fuel efficiency, i will start around 170 hp/375 ft lbs of torque and a set of 27 pitch props, but can go up to 260 hp/575 ft lbs torque. if the pyro will let me

Back