The Wild North.

walleyes

Crew Member
I like watching this guy, Hay River trapper Andrew Stanley. He had a show on the tube a couple years back I really enjoyed. It’s not around anymore probly didn’t cater to the flavour of the day enough so it’s not on any longer. But Andrew kept on with his You Tube channel which is great.

Won’t be long if **** keeps up the way it’s going I’ll be heading in the bush myself and just say the hell with it, let the idiots have at er. I can’t even watch the news anymore I just want to throw the damn TV out the window, just about had my fill of it all and just head in the bush and enjoy the last few years of my life in peace.

Anyways in the mean time this is a great escape.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildNorth

Looks like a great youtube channel to check out. I hear ya man. I think about that all the time. One guy I also liked reading about was Dick Proenneke and his adventures taking off to live off the grid and with mother nature in Alaska. City life isn't for me either and all of the politics and BS that go with it.

I say if your planning to do the "great escape" go to ryan museum and read the story of the tunnel king .great codes to hyde with.

Here's another famous (historical) trapper speaking of "wild" tales:

Last edited:
Here's another famous (historical) trapper speaking of "wild" tales:

Yes,, keep that image in your mind it will keep you out of the bush and in town where 99.9% are better off anyways.

I’m by no means in town now but still not enough room for me. This is the view of our spread I don’t have far to go to get into the bush and away, I do it quite often. Just jump on my bike and pack a lunch and a gun and go for the day and a hike. I spend quite a bit of time on a trap line with one of my wife’s uncles. He’s a 5 generation Métis trapper that runs a nice line just north of us a few hours.

This is the view of my spread, like I said by no means in town now but still I need more space.

49532284852_2837ee876c_c.jpg

Great start walleyes.keep up the good work around home.Evey good castle needs a moat and a gated bridge.Thankyou for sharing your dream with us.Might be time to find a new hobbie around home so you may again appreciate what you have accomplished so far.Pritty sure you could get high with RC planes ,great simulators for the computer to get you into shape during dark times.FC

Andrew says he's going to swear less on camera I hope so it would help his credibility-he's also getting a new dog called Rudy to train as the new Beaver Retriever.

Andrew says he's going to swear less on camera I hope so it would help his credibility-he's also getting a new dog called Rudy to train as the new Beaver Retriever.

Lol I don’t mind the language it’s genuine. It’s not appropriate at all times but he’s a guy in the bush by himself, what the heck. I bet he misses Charlie dog, he was with him a long time, talk about a partner. Good beaver dogs are hard to come by, you can go through a few until you find one that knows how to handle itself around them. Lots of dogs have been sunk retrieving a wounded beaver.

I like watching this guy, Hay River trapper Andrew Stanley. He had a show on the tube a couple years back I really enjoyed. It’s not around anymore probly didn’t cater to the flavour of the day enough so it’s not on any longer. But Andrew kept on with his You Tube channel which is great.

Won’t be long if **** keeps up the way it’s going I’ll be heading in the bush myself and just say the hell with it, let the idiots have at er. I can’t even watch the news anymore I just want to throw the damn TV out the window, just about had my fill of it all and just head in the bush and enjoy the last few years of my life in peace.

Anyways in the mean time this is a great escape.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildNorth

The daily news for Marcus Aurelius emperor of Rome "**** keeps up the way its going" Germanic hordes at the gates for just a morning starter. His pops and tutors were grounded in ancient Stoicism .... he was the greatest of the great and a humanitarian even to his enemies. His book Meditations is here: https://www.amazon.ca/Meditations-New-Translation-Marcus-Aurelius/dp/0812968255/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SD6ILCG8COM8&keywords=meditations+marcus+aurelius&qid=1582731588&sprefix=meditations+,aps,235&sr=8-1

This book (a self guide to his life) continues to flourish (quietly but known) for over 2 millennia read by every military general, heavy weight politico, industrialist, scholar, imprisoned captives and the common man. (The "book" is an assembly of thoughts to himself, centuries later compiled and so named Meditations).

The events pounding through our media viewed through Meditations can not disturb/harm you in any way because an event is just a "thing". It is our judgment of these events that we allow in our minds that causes the rage. The rational decision we must be aware of is that in life there is the great "Dichotomy" ....things in our control and not in our control.

Check out this short book for $12 and it will be like light burning through a fog bank for you... realistic, rational and peace of mind.

Lol,, yah no fog bank here I’m good. Anybody living in this world today and seeing it for the state of affairs its in and thinking it’s all peachy,, those people are living in a fog bank.

Lol,, yah no fog bank here I’m good. Anybody living in this world today and seeing it for the state of affairs its in and thinking it’s all peachy,, those people are living in a fog bank.

Agree with you and like water off a duck's back... no worries about *****..

The daily news for Marcus Aurelius emperor of Rome "**** keeps up the way its going" Germanic hordes at the gates for just a morning starter. His pops and tutors were grounded in ancient Stoicism .... he was the greatest of the great and a humanitarian even to his enemies. His book Meditations is here: https://www.amazon.ca/Meditations-New-Translation-Marcus-Aurelius/dp/0812968255/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SD6ILCG8COM8&keywords=meditations+marcus+aurelius&qid=1582731588&sprefix=meditations+,aps,235&sr=8-1

This book (a self guide to his life) continues to flourish (quietly but known) for over 2 millennia read by every military general, heavy weight politico, industrialist, scholar, imprisoned captives and the common man. (The "book" is an assembly of thoughts to himself, centuries later compiled and so named Meditations).

The events pounding through our media viewed through Meditations can not disturb/harm you in any way because an event is just a "thing". It is our judgment of these events that we allow in our minds that causes the rage. The rational decision we must be aware of is that in life there is the great "Dichotomy" ....things in our control and not in our control.

Check out this short book for $12 and it will be like light burning through a fog bank for you... realistic, rational and peace of mind.
Our greatest General, George Patton, was an avid reader of the Meditations, as well as other Roman thinkers. He believed that he was a reincarnated Roman legionnaire.

"Our" general Patton, kallitype? Maybe General Brock would be a more appropriate "Canadian" General?

I am American living Seattle area, on Vashon Island, hence the "our". Here's what Wickipedia says about Brock:

Major-General Sir Isaac Brock KB was a British Army officer and colonial administrator from Guernsey. Brock was assigned to Lower Canada in 1802. Despite facing desertions and near-mutinies, he commanded his regiment in Upper Canada successfully for many years. He was killed in the war of 1812.

Back