The 2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout!

Most of the time the weather was like this out there.

School of porpoises playing around us.

Click the pic for the video.

Looking for jumpers and birds.

Yet another crime scene.

Continued...

Firelight and myself stayed out overnight with a few other boats. We knew the weather was going to be stellar.

Sunset.

These guys were all around us during the night.

Might of had something to do with the scent coming off the back of the boat from this earlier in the day....

Click the pic for the vid.

Continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
We drifted about 10 miles in the night. We got up before light and cruised back to where we were the day before. We hit a fog bank up there but started fishing anyways.

Firelight sporting the team hoody.

Tested out the Bubba blade.

Some interesting cargo next to this boat lol.

First three days were a blast. Great weather, great friends, and great fishing for us. We left with 34 small albacore around 8-10 lbs. Nothing bigger and we are still not on the board. We at least went home with some groceries. Hopefully something brings the bigger fish schools down or up our way this week. Heading out again on Friday for one last kick at the can and then taking in the closing ceremonies.

Good luck to those fishing the next few days. I will be monitoring reports like a hawk.

See ya soon.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Finally someone found a better grade. Haven't heard details but the Croatian sensation (Silvo) nuked them yesterday and has a 100+ four fish aggregate.

Ps great report sculpin!

Finally someone found a better grade. Haven't heard details but the Croatian sensation (Silvo) nuked them yesterday and has a 100+ four fish aggregate.

Ps great report sculpin!

WOW!!!

Awesome job guy's. Nicely done:cool:.

Thanx for sharing Sculpin. I have one word for this report. INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! PS, are those sharks that were hanging around in the one pic you posted up?

Great report sculpin. Now whats this about some larger fish????

You have my attention!!!!

Fantastic report Sculpin and excellent pictures. And way to go Slivo. Borat won't be able to rib him any more about his tiny tuna!

Surprisingly nice conditions this morning. A huge portion of the fleet is heading out to southern canyons in search of the larger grade fish. Fingers crossed!

Surprisingly nice conditions this morning. A huge portion of the fleet is heading out to southern canyons in search of the larger grade fish. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the updates Kelly. Greatly appreciated.

Hopefully some larger grade fish show up in numbers. This will make it interesting for sure :).

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent reports guys,
I can see where it would become an addicting obsesssion,
can't wait till i give this a go...

They may have been tiny but bbqed in a hot dog bun like tuna smokies, yum.

efff5961d07995f657ca37168b633cf9.jpg

Here's the captain concentrating on those jumpers.

8dfb7874eaf2d931e8ffa784f98a1e0b.jpg

Back