Strathcona Lodge - worth taking the boat?

Irishwolf

Crew Member
Hi there,

My family has a big reunion of sorts in a couple of weeks up at Strathcona Lodge on Upper Campbell Lake. I'm wondering if its worth pulling the boat up there for some fishing, tubing and general sight seeing.

I found some older threads on this topic on this forum from 4 or 5 years ago so looking for some updated information or if the info from the older threads still stand.

My understanding is there is a boat launch at the top end of Buttle Lake about a 10km boat ride from the launch to the lodge. I also understand there are lots of stumps around and can be hazardous if the water is low, which as of 2 weeks ago it was not.

Can I get the boat up to the lodge from the ramp or will I be met with impassible water for example ? Is the lake deep enough for tubing? Or will I be spending my time navigating a stump maze?

My boat is a 14 foot tinny and I'd be pulling it up from Victoria.

Any local insight would be super appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Irishwolf.

Last edited:
Take the boat. Lake is large,deep and used for many water sports. Suggest you contact the Lodge for further information.

This is great, thanks @Bear for replying!Super appreciate your response. If you’re ever down victoria way looking for salmon, let me know. I’ll do my best to hook you up.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Have had success flyfishing the creek mouths in Buttle in summer..... not large fish, but scrappy and tasty

Yes, take the boat for sure. There's good fishing to be had and lots of little swimming holes that are boat access only.

Back