stamp 2010

P1140800-1.jpg
fished a few kilometers of the upper stamp today ... landed a couple of wild summers

well was out yesterday water is low compared to last year this time released a small trout lost a steelie an released big ol jack coho which still had lots of fight left in it despite its colours an oh yeah watch out for the bears didnt have my camera but actually was chased by a big female whatever her problem was kinda scary chased me from the log to falls pool where i then took a hike up over the cliff at 1 point couldve shook this girls paw hoping their going to sleep after this snowfall be back on the water tommorow .......

hey youngsteelheader dont give up your spots but been wondering if your on the upper in those pics or the lower just curious

Sounds like the same bear as we encountered earlier in the week. Not in a hurry to move off despite horns, bangers etc. I saw carcass parts at the top of the trail as well. It would be prudent to keep a sharp eye out.

ok sorry there tofino kinda skipped the first pic i do believe lol.... an yes copper would advice peeps to be a little more careful then usual early morning ventures good be a little more nerve wrecking when meeting up with this bear she dosent seem to be afraid of much at all.....

well looks like a nice day to see if the winters are running with this snow how can they not be will be there in an hour see whats moving hopefully not the bear lol well let ya know how i done when i get back ....

i park my truck at the falls campground trail and hike up a couple of kms or so below money and pop 6 casts in every pool on the way down .... dont mind giving the secret spot away cause most guys arent into the switchbacks ... never see anybody up there

well steelheader im always up for bushwacking we should try a venture together sometime my fishing buddy still busy working well im back to ab on wedesnday but had no luck yesterday seen a nice shape summer caught an real nice 13 # winter was bright as hell caught across river from me seems to be fewer fish then this time last year maybe still early yet an kinda hoping for the water to come up .....

well hitting the waters early this am for a few see if i can get a early fish last day before back to work for 2 weeks in ab

i dont go back to work till friday, cause of the snow but the truck broke down on saturday and ive been spending my frosty vacation stuck in a losing battle with a 91 f250 ... think it has drained my bank and my energy enough... time for a new fishin machine

Well, it's almost time to get wet again. I haven't been out for ages... at least 40 days. But I plan to make a trip some time next week, and I want to maximize my odds. So, I think I'll head to the Stamp. I don't usually get there until Christmas, so I don't know what to expect. Should I start at the top and work down, or start at the gun club and work up? I can pretty much guarantee I'll do one or the other, but I am willing to take public opinion into account. :)

speaking of which, how are the water levels right now? I am thinking of taking the jet out for some action. How are the summers fairing at the top end. Descent numbers still or do they all have sore lips.

Thanks

HL

Fished Sat afternoon from Gun club to bucket and back....got skunked. Water looked real nice, but not many fish. Used a nice glob of yarn, then single egg (blood dot), and finished, as light faded, with the pink worm. Nice to be out but a fish would have topped the day off.

Back