Sooke reports - August 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice fish, congrats.Feels good to join the 30# club.Hoping to get there myself.lol. In the wa. waters.Heard of one fish caught last weekend total.The fisheries tallied one fish also same fish.PITIFUL:(

Was very good today boys now a new weather system is coming in[V]who knows for tommorow????

Good luck Wolf

I'll second that Wolf!

There was a good bite in Sooke today. We landed a 20 and 22 and lost 4[:0] One was a big fish! He took the hook deep and his teeth sawed through the leader.

Saw lots of fish caught. Lots of bait in the water and a few fish jumping and surfacing. Coho??

Tips

Tips also saw that I think they were soc's but It was hard to tell from that distancewe will never know heard they closed sockeye down the other day but DO NOT qoute me

Wolf

Arrived mid-morning in Sooke yesterday just as the winds were starting :(. We stuck it out until early afternoon and picked up a 27lbr and had couple good strikes - it's tough to fish in that slop. How'd you make out wolf? We saw you working the line as we dropped our gear. The sounder looked great but the bite never came on.

my buddy just got back from Otter with a 23 and a 28 caught between 12-3 today. So hopefully that means that there's a bite on. I'll be out tonight in my boat and so will Tips up, hopefully we will get into some tonight, I'll probably be around the trap so if anyone else gets out there give me a hail in 68.

I was out there yesterday morning, we dropped our lines in at 8:30am. and friends of ours at Otter were landing there 4'th spring! they limited in two hours! We had missed the early morning bite, but we managed one 16 lb. spring...

Nothing came into my boat last night but it was a nice night to be out. Lot's of bait everywhere. I saw three come into other boats but it seemed pretty slow for the amount of boats out there, of course that's because I got skunked.:D

Good luck.

Was just out this morning,Fog,Wind rough seas but we stuck it out just off Otter, and banged 4 nice springs in a row by 9:30am. Biggest 33lbs. smallest was 25lbs. Filled the cooler today!

Fished 3 days in the last week. Good bite in the afternoon flood at otter. Fished anchovie at 50 - 80 ft.... Red Flasher and Chrome army truck teaser head between 50-75 ft. Biggest 33 lbs and several in the 20's- 30.

Dan

Fished 3 days in the last week. Good bite in the afternoon flood at otter. Fished anchovie at 50 - 80 ft.... Red Flasher and Chrome army truck teaser head between 50-75 ft. Biggest 33 lbs and several in the 20's- 30.

Dan

Sounds like its heating up out there [:p you guys are driving me nuts. I got to wait another three weeks till we head out. I hate this time of year the anticipation kills me.

Sounds like its heating up out there [:p you guys are driving me nuts. I got to wait another three weeks till we head out. I hate this time of year the anticipation kills me.

Was out both yesterday morning in the nice flat water and this morning in the lump. Not the best time for the tides but the winds in the afternoon are brutal lately! Fished Otter and Muir yesterday and it was Slow, 1 small Spring and a few released Soceye.I know of one guy who hit three mid-high teens very deep, literaly bouncing bottom off Muir Creek. Saw a few with fish on at Aldridge on the drive by. Only a few diehards pounding this morning off the Trap and none of us hit fish. The bro inlaw just got back from a 2 day,2 boat group charter with the Hicks in Renny and the Salmon were small, mid-high teens mostly spotty at best? Limits off Hali though. Maybe next week will get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back