smoked dog salmon

tubber

Procedures:
1. Travel from the Okanagan to the West Coast in hopes of finding a few fish.
2. Catch salmon, clean, cool and store with great attention to detail.
3. Return home and carefully store some in freezer.
4. Just before Christmas, spend two days thawing, brining, drying and smoking the salmon following your favourite recipe all the while consuming various Christmas cocktails.
5. Set alarm to wake up in the middle of the night to remove finished product from the smoker.
6. Carry one tray in each hand so you can't close the sliding glass door to prevent the golden retriever from getting out with a brand new running shoe in his mouth.
7. Quickly place trays on top of the freezer in the garage to cool, run to the backyard to retrieve the shoe and the now howling dog before any more of the neighbours' lights come on at 3:00am.
8. Go back to bed
9. Get out of bed to investigate where the strange noises are coming from.
10. Find dog in the garage trying to reach the last 5 and 1/2 pieces of a 12 piece batch of smoked salmon.
11. Spend the next 18 hours filling the water bowl and letting the dog out to pee as he tries to wash a whole lot of salt out of his system.
12. I don't think he could taste the difference between the white and red spring, but if his kidneys don't pack it in, he looks forward to my next attempt and hopes I leave the door to the garage open again.

That is a funny story.... thanks for the laugh.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

ha ha, good one.
Reminds me of the classic Cheech and Chong routine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozk7fnKilU&feature=related

Hey, what's in this s**t, man?

Mostly Maui-wowie, man.

Yeah?

But it's got some Labrador in it.

What's Labrador?

It's dog s**t.

What?

Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man. Had it on the table, and the little motherf****r ate it, man.

Yeah?

I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days
before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind.

I think it's even better than before, you know?

I wonder what Great Dane tastes like, man. That's some
heavy s**t, man.

I hope it didn't come to that... :D

Back