Slot Limit Area 29

I do most of my fishing in this area. http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html#18,19_5192

I am so confused. I thought the daily limit was now 1 spring per day. This link says two with a size limit 62-85cm. WTF is going on, I thought I had a handle on the reg change.

I am not DFO, but I will try to help out with this:

Remember that most important to know that the announcements in Fisheries Notices that come out are there to update, amend and 'trump' what the basic website regs or paper guide regulations state. FN0428 is the notice that states for area 29 from June 1st to Sept 30th area 29 is 1 Chinook min 62cm (exceptions always being any otherwise closed areas ) . Until such a time that either Sept 30th arrives OR a newer Fisheries notice comes out earlier that amends FN0428 there is no change.

Your link takes us regs for area 29 and does show at the top that the "regulation" is 1 chinook per day/ 2 Chinook possession/ 15 per year ( for area 29) HOWEVER, I do see down at the bottom of that area 29 page under "restrictions" that there looks to be a mistake because they then mention 2 chinook between 62 and 85 cm. There seems to be a clue to that mistake if you scroll a bit lower as suddenly they mention area 18 -1, 18-3 18-6 , 18-11 and 19-5 (even though we are still on the AREA 29 page.) It just so happens that the Chinook reg for those sub areas 18-1; 18-3; 18-6; 18-11 and 19-5 does have that 2 chinook (62-85cm) slot limit from June 29-July 31st as per FN 0428.

I think probably the website has just gotten screwed up and somehow mixed in a different areas reg at the bottom. ...

Last edited:
Back