Seaport 2400 XL POD Conversion Project

A properly design and installed hydraulic system should be on finger turn no load and about a 2 finger turn under load. If you have a permanently mounted kicker with a permanent tie bar might get wierd. We usually do twin cylinders and a tie bar to the kicker.

No need for current bleeding assemblies that are super expensive and do fail over time. Gets even weirder when you want auto pilot and or remote steer.

if it steers easy on the trailer, i would it is very possible you have a toe-out situation with the two mains, that will mike very stiff steering

Its fine on the trailer and there is no toe out its set as close as possible center. I only have a single cylinder but it was also suggested that I could go to a second one. Since I have a kicker attached with a tie bar I felt it would be nicer to just go power assist. I also think its primarily caused by the Adaptive Speed Control (ASC) of the engines as they love to go into a turn and its pretty cool as the engines match speeds which keeps the boat pretty flat through the turn but pulling it out of the turn can be hard. I am not saying the steering was terrible it was totally manageable I just don't want to be holding onto wheel as tightly when doing a long run. I researched the Seastar system its pretty reliable from the reviews if its taken care off, I will probably be onto a bigger boat before it fails...

Its fine on the trailer and there is no toe out its set as close as possible center. I only have a single cylinder but it was also suggested that I could go to a second one. Since I have a kicker attached with a tie bar I felt it would be nicer to just go power assist. I also think its primarily caused by the Adaptive Speed Control (ASC) of the engines as they love to go into a turn and its pretty cool as the engines match speeds which keeps the boat pretty flat through the turn but pulling it out of the turn can be hard. I am not saying the steering was terrible it was totally manageable I just don't want to be holding onto wheel as tightly when doing a long run. I researched the Seastar system its pretty reliable from the reviews if its taken care off, I will probably be onto a bigger boat before it fails...

The Power Assist is already in and it sure as hell isn't coming out as it was a pain in the butt to find it a good spot

Very nice boat, look forward to the video... great job, well done!

Back